SHAC - Second User Parameter Application

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Ks04, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Ks04

Ks04

Hi There,

Is there a way to create a second user parameter application on the SHAC? I can create a regular application, however looking specifically to have strings and date object types as part of the application.

My use-case is I've created a Weather Forecast integration with BOM which gets 7 datapoints for each day (49 Total) and hoping to keep this separate if possible.

Thanks,

Ks04, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Ks04

Colin Moderator

Hi
    Sorry no option to create a second application for user parameters,
    But note you can create user parameters in the address space to 65535, I would assume you do not want to share the information points to devices on C-Bus like eDLT etc, if you did then i would recommend the use of Measurment application for Values to display, and the use of Dynamic Labels on normal Lighting Groups (you can have a separate lighting application for this as EDLT supports multiple lighting applications)

But if the interest is purely to store display and use on the controller then user parameters, for this i commonly reserve some address blocks for certain features, for example i have a lot of energy management functions integrated with Power Tag Metering and Modbus management of Solar Inverter and Battery, for this is Reserve small blocks of user parameter addresses such as 3800 - 3999 addresses in blocks of 10 which is 10 points for each Meter device, 4900-4990 is all telemetry from the Inverter blocks of 30 items for 1 - 3 inverteres, and similar for Battery, etc.

taking this approach also makes for easy coding to navigate things in block arrays. by using larger values for the address of the user parameter you can keep them out of the way, backup and restore individual parts of scrips and pages of projects etc without worrying about overriding objects.

Colin, Mar 23, 2023
  3. Ks04

Ks04

Thanks! That's helpful - didn't realise you could go above 255 groups on the user parameter application so this works perfectly.

Ks04, Mar 27, 2023
Ask a Question