SHAC remote viewing

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Sydney, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Sydney

Sydney

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me - I have set up remote access which seemed to be working. But now i cant see the visualisation remotely. It appears to be offline. The SHAC is in place, but the iPad has been taken off'-site. Does the iPad need on site and running for remote access to work? When i try to login I just keep getting login screen, i enter details and login just comes up again.
    Thanks in advance for your reply

Sydney, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Sydney

lcrowhurst

does the iPad have cell connectivity or is it connecting to wifi when trying to access the SHAC remotely?
    what are you using to access the SHAC safari or my CTC Wiser app?

either way, are you trying to access via you external ip address? have you setup a port forward on your router, if you have set up a port forward on your router and the port is not 80 then has this been added to the wiser.

some router don't like doing port forwarding unless the router has allocated the SHAC the ip address, in this case set the SHAC to DHCP and add a renovation on your router for the SHAC

lcrowhurst, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Sydney

Sydney

No cell service on the iPad- just wifi. Port forward has been done & DNS. Access via safari or andriod phone - no app.

Sydney, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Sydney

lcrowhurst

Have you tried killing safari, maybe the pages are being cached. if you pm me you ip addressd etc, ill test from here

lcrowhurst, Oct 22, 2019
  5. Sydney

Sydney

Got it up and running on android, but it does now seem like safari is blocking it. Tried clearing cache with no luck. Any tips?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Sydney, Oct 23, 2019
Ask a Question