Shac/Nac replacement

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by jonnyp64, Apr 8, 2022.

1. jonnyp64

jonnyp64

So both the SHAC & NAC are now discontinued.
    Anyone know why and what the replacement is??

jonnyp64, Apr 8, 2022
  2. jonnyp64

lcrowhurst

Upgraded to 5500ac2 and 5500nac2. Better performance. A few dollars more. Worth the extra price. They did have a few shac an nac left .

lcrowhurst, Apr 8, 2022
  3. jonnyp64

ss1987

Hi guys just tacking onto this thread (new here).
    I'm in the process of planning for a new personal C-Bus install and came across the NAC2.
    Am I correct in thinking this can be used in place of the old network interface? I.E I can use this to connect to the network and program the system?
    Having a quick look through the manual it also looks to have a new type of browser-based programming system.
    Is this supposed to replace the toolkit software altogether, or is it an extension of it?

ss1987, Apr 9, 2022
  4. jonnyp64

Ashley

Toolkit is the installation program used to setup the cbus network and units. The NAC is a Cbus operational device used to display/control the operating Cbus network. To use Toolkit you need a Cbus interface like a PCI (serial) or CNI (network). The NAC includes a CNI so it can be used by Toolkit to setup the system.

The NAC provides a web interface to interact with the operating system. You have to configure this yourself. The NAC effectively does the same job as the discontinued Touch Screens.

Ashley, Apr 9, 2022
  5. jonnyp64

ss1987

Ahh okay makes sense. So you can essentially program your own web based GUI using this system, but not program the actual inputs and outputs like you would with the toolkit?
    And if I was to have this then I wouldn't need a PC interface to use the toolkit as this would do the same job?

ss1987, Apr 9, 2022
  6. jonnyp64

Ashley

Correct

Correct again :)

Ashley, Apr 9, 2022
  7. jonnyp64

jonnyp64

I spoke with Clipsal last week about the 5500ac2/nac2 and was told that Wiser2 is making a comeback but ethernet only-no wifi.
    Although the guy that i spoke to was very nice and helpful im still at a loss to see why someone would buy one of these instead of the 5500ac2/nac2 especially since i cant see there being any significant difference in price (it might even be more expensive). Can anyone shed any light on this?

jonnyp64, Apr 17, 2022
  8. jonnyp64

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Pro Tip: Schneider really likes the brand name "Wiser" and they've been splashing it across different regions and product ranges regardless of the underlying tech. The system they currently advertise as "Wiser Smart Home" or "Wiser by SE" is not the same technology, protocol or even market segment as the legacy "C-Bus Wiser Home Control" product. When having such conversations it's best to dig beyond the name and confirm such details.

daniel, May 6, 2022
  9. jonnyp64

Wonkey

The Wiser 2 is going to be made without any wifi, coppo mentioned this on the wiser2 section of the forum.
    The Wiser 2 though seems to achieve similar outcome to the 5500ac2/nac2 is a lot easier to configure and learn (imho) has a quick setup android and apple apps freely available.
    Down side is we are still waiting on a release for the replacement of flash to access the interface on a browse, it is in trial though and I have seen it and its getting there.
    Wiser is programmed using the PICED software and uses PASCAL logic complete with a reasonably good wizard for those who are not natural programmers
    The 5500ac2/nac2 has feature that the Wiser 2 does not modbus integration for example, is considerably more time consuming to program, but because of that very configurable in the final display that the user interact with. Is programmed via a browser and uses LUA logic which is the first time C-Bus has gone down this path.
    So depending on you skills, the time you have to program the unit and whether you are happy with the GUI's that the wiser 2 gives you.
    If you are new to C-Bus and not really good at logic programming and setting up graphic displays for the interface, then consider the Wiser2. This is just my opinion and I really know C-Bus and have yet to master the 5500ac2/nac2, I am learning it.

Wonkey, May 7, 2022
    Ashley likes this.
  10. jonnyp64

RobRam

Anyone know if the new 5500AC2 supports mqtt ?

RobRam, May 15, 2022
  11. jonnyp64

jonnyp64

Thanks for the advice but it would be a very "unique' situation where a cbus integrator speaking to a cbus tech at Clipsal somehow managed to confuse Wiser Iconic with Wiser cbus don't you think???

jonnyp64, May 17, 2022
  12. jonnyp64

ssaunders

ssaunders, May 25, 2022
  13. jonnyp64

Pie Boy

Yep 5500AC2 Dose support mqtt, just got another today so checked it...
    luamodbus - 20201012
    luamosquitto - 20201130
    are present
    -- log(io.readproc("opkg list")) returns the info

Havnt actually tried it etc but the libraries are there... so no reason why it wouldnt

Pie Boy, Oct 6, 2022
  14. jonnyp64

SimonHopkins

Google has failed me ! - Who in the UK sells the 5500AC2 ??

SimonHopkins, Oct 26, 2022
Ask a Question