SHAC/MQTT/HomeAssistant recall previous level

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by ssaunders, May 1, 2022.

1. ssaunders

ssaunders

True story. Sensors are one way. The others are bi-directional because they are MQTT integrated in HASS, so any change there results in a topic publish which the SHAC is subscribed to and responds.

I think Powerwall data direct from SHAC might be more elegant than you think. It's the way I'd do it. Just one resident script.

If I get a moment I'll give the approach more naval gazing.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    ssaunders, Nov 7, 2022
  2. ssaunders

philthedill

thanks for clearing that up. there have been many attempts to conquer Tesla Powerwall in HA and only recently did this integration appear - and it works. there are 2 control elements here that it is important to capture. they are "select options". covering operating mode, and backup reserve level + lots of sensors. it is called tesla_custom but I cannot locate it for some reason. there is no rush on this from my perspective now that a viable alternative is in place - thanks to you. others may be keen to see something. Note that the integration also covers Tesla cars

philthedill, Nov 7, 2022
  3. ssaunders

ssaunders

I haven't got one of those either. Just five BMs with engines that loudly go bang. :D I'll have a look at some LUA for you and others. Given I don't have any of this kit I might call on you for some testing if you're up for it.

ssaunders, Nov 7, 2022
  4. ssaunders

philthedill

happy to help if I can

philthedill, Nov 7, 2022
  5. ssaunders

vworp

Phenomenal work! I've finally gotten around to trying Home Assistant this week, so I thought I'd give your scripts a go.
    For the most part, auto discovery works really well, I do seem, to have some issues with bsensors.
    I've got a tag saved as :-
    MQTT, bsensor, pn=Landing PIR, sa=Landing,

Which I believe should discover as a read only, on off value, but actually generates nothing.

Log errors are:-
    * string: Warning: Read undeclared global variable "off"
    * string: Warning: Read undeclared global variable "on"
    * string: Error publishing outstanding CBus discovery topics: [string "Resident"]:633: attempt to concatenate global 'on' (a nil value)

If I change the tag to binarysensor, the device discovers it as a dimmable light

vworp, Feb 9, 2024
  6. ssaunders

ssaunders

Thanks, @vworp. This is fixed and pushed as part of commit 1459706.

The keyword for binary sensor type is "binary_sensor". I have added the type without underscore as a synonym to prevent others also falling foul of a simple missing character.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
    ssaunders, Feb 10, 2024
  7. ssaunders

vworp

Thanks.
    I can confirm MQTT, bsensor, pn=Landing PIR, sa=Landing, on=Motion detected, off=No motion, is discovering correctly now.

vworp, Feb 10, 2024
    ssaunders likes this.
  8. ssaunders

ssaunders

ssaunders, Feb 10, 2024
  9. ssaunders

ssaunders

I've been thinking about this lately, Michael. How about something simple like this...

Tag an AC object with something like the below, with "isensor" being an inbound sensor? acMqtt could subscribe to the topic and publish any changes in the user parameter/GA. Should be quite simple to implement I reckon.

Code:
    MQTT, isensor, topic=mymadeupsensor/value

ssaunders, Apr 25, 2024 at 11:38 AM
Ask a Question