SHAC IP address

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by TOAB, Jan 11, 2021.

1. TOAB

TOAB

I have a SHAC which is set up for DHCP on home network. Recently the router was rest and assigned the SHAC a new IP address. Since then, I can’t log into the configurator. All other pages (Home PC/Tablet Vis etc.

Have I messed up and written down the password incorrectly of is it a case that I would need to assign the SHAC the IP address it was on.

Am I looking at a Factory reset to get back into the configurator.

TOAB, Jan 11, 2021
  2. TOAB

Ashley

Changing the IP address won't affect logging in. Most likely you have the wrong password. If you use a password manager (like google chrome) you could look up the password assigned to the SHAC's previous IP address.

If you are using DHCP you can get the router to always assign a fixed address to the SHAC. Then just save the router configuration so you can restore it if necessary. Alternatively you can assign a fixed IP address to the SHAC. Both ways have their advantages and disadvantages.

Ashley, Jan 11, 2021
  3. TOAB

chromus

The way I setup client infrastructure devices is to put them on a static IP at each device,

Then set the router DHCP as follows:

• Count the infrastructure devices and at 10
    • Go into the router and change the DHCP pool to start 1 higher than the number above to 250
    • If the DHCP server supports static assignments then map each infrastructure item in the server to match the static IP and set a host name (if supported).
    This allows a little scalability to add more infrastructure items (eg managed switches or access points) and prevents things getting moved around the IP Pool.

If your modem is on the budget end you may get better performance by keeping the DHCP small, say 30-50 wide instead of 200 ish.

As an example:

My home network has 192.168.10.xxx as the pool

IP Pool is as follows
    1. Ubiquiti WAN Port
    2. Ubiquiti USG Firewall/Router,
    3. Ubiquiti Controller/Homebridge server
    4. - 14 Switches and Access points
    15 - 19 are static for media server/TVs/ hometheatre equipment
    20 - 28 are appliances like robo vac/fridge/AC

31 - 195 is the DHCP pool

250 Wiser2
    251 CNI

chromus, Jan 12, 2021
  4. TOAB

TOAB

Thanks a million for the reply's. Got into the configurator using password manager. Password was correct and it turns out the user name was incorrect.

Now going to set up static IP addresses. .

TOAB, Jan 12, 2021
  5. TOAB

chromus

Typo in my post above should read “then add 10” in the 1st dot point.

chromus, Jan 12, 2021
Ask a Question