SHAC Interface Details

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Marine Boy, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Marine Boy

Marine Boy

Programming my first SHAC project and would like confirmation on the two interfaces within the device.

There is a PC_SHAC and a SYS_SHAC. I couldn't find any documentation (Toolkit or SHAC) that explained the difference however I think I resolved but would like to be sure. My assumptions are:

PC_SHAC is the internal C-Bus connection (eg C-Bus PCI sim) that teh SHAC uses to communicate with C-Bus network.

SYS_SHAC is the external C-Bus connection from a PC etc much the same as a CNI or USB PCI.

TIA for those that comment and help confirm or refute my understanding.

Marine Boy, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Marine Boy

jboer

Basically exactly what you have said, however it is the other way around I am pretty sure. SYS is the SHAC Interface, PC is well your PC...

jboer, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Marine Boy

Marine Boy

OK thanks for your help. Want to give the unit part name meaning with a relevant description.

Marine Boy, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Marine Boy

NickD Moderator

jboer is correct.

The PC_ unit types are generally the interfaces like PCI, CNI (actually anything that's based on a PCI chipset).

The SYS_ unit types are the interfaces dedicated to the unit's own connection (same as in Wiser2).

Nick

NickD, Sep 20, 2018
  5. Marine Boy

verito86

Hi, this might look some off topic to all but I really need to know best suggestions to interface wireless temperature sensor with SHAC projects ?? Just trying to work on some prototype.

Any leads on this would be a great help.

verito86, Oct 4, 2018
Ask a Question