SHAC FIRMWARE V13.0 UPDATE

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by magic8, Feb 28, 2023.

1. magic8

magic8

IT IS SORT OF IN THE NOTES BUT JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT AFTER UPDATING FIRMWARE SCHEDULES WILL NOT WORK UNLESS YOU GO TO EACH SCHEDULE AND TICK IGNORE ENABLE GROUP
    UNLESS THERE IS ANOTHER WAY. A CLIENTS SCHEDULES DID NOT WORK AFTER UPDATING YESTERDAY
    ALL GOOD NOW

magic8, Feb 28, 2023
  2. magic8

Ks04

Can you add trigger groups to a scene in v13? It was broken in 12.

Ks04, Mar 1, 2023
  3. magic8

Colin Moderator

This issue has been reported and is currently been investigated, However it seems to that this is not affecting everyone, who has updated, It would be good if anyone who is updating to 1.13.0 firmware could report on this problem with the following details .

Firmware Version updated From, I.E 1.6.0 to 1.13.0 or 1.12.0 to .13.0
    Number and Type of Schedules, I.E Number of Schedule Category's, or no Category defined, or Script Schedules
    Did all Schedules not run or only some of them , if only some of them what kind of object were they scheduling and what values for scheduling where they running, I.E Date Specifical or All dates, Time specific or Sunset/Sunrise, where Holidays having an effect to run / not run.

Currently the issue as reported has been hard to reproduce both in the Lab and also in the Field, It is quite clear that there is an issue out there but not everyone would appear to have it, so anyone on this forum who is updating the firmware to 1.13.0 of existing projects before taking the steps in the post it would be good to validate if the schedules run on their own first. And if you're having this problem Please post a reply with details to help.

In the mean time we Do hope that you find value in the updates to scheduler with the ability to enabled and disable Schedulers and Scheduled events with objects.

Colin, Mar 5, 2023
  4. magic8

magic8

I have also just updated my shac and the schedules that worked before did not work
    Upgraded from 1.12 to 13.0
    Approximately 40 schedules
    All did not work.Some with sunrise/set some with specific times
    Also no holidays
    I think maybe because these schedules had no night/away feature (the away schedules were done using logic)
    the new addition being able to enable/disable schedules needed to see something in the original schedules?
    If you need any further info let me know

magic8, Mar 6, 2023
  5. magic8

Colin Moderator

Can you check the Error Log , or alert Log in the unit for any entry's about schedulers after the update was done.

Colin, Mar 8, 2023
  6. magic8

magic8

There was errors in the log before I fixed
    Something about unable to do something about line 0
    Thats all I can remember

magic8, Mar 9, 2023
  7. magic8

magic8

I see what you mean hard to replicate
    I have just upgraded another shac and all schedules worked as before
    The Scheduler enable by selection would not let me select unused so i had to select
    Away or Home or add another one and then tick ignore enable groups
    Sorry dont think that will help much

Attached Files:

magic8, Mar 9, 2023
  8. magic8

Colin Moderator

Thanks to those who gave the feedback, there is no further need for additional feedback now as we have indeed identified the root cause, and are now working on a fast fix firmware release to address the issue. this will be a 1.14.0 firmware release.

But to keep you informed of the root cause of how and when this applies.

This issue only applies to a device with a project that contains one or more schedules created in the project when the firmware build was version 1.6.0 and where these schedulers have never been modified or saved on a unit when it had a later firmware version 1.9.0 or later. (Please note the issue is on Schedulers being saved, and not the saving / modification of a Scheduled event)

Only Schedulers created in 1.6.0 firmware are impacted by this issues, schedulers created under firmware version 1.9.0 and later will still run .

Hence the issue does not impact every upgrade and is dependent on the scheduler history within the project. it may also appear as some schedulers running and some not.

The issue is worked around by editing the scheduler (not the scheduler events) and saving it (no changes required) the save event will update the null value to a defined value and the scheduler code will no longer encounter an exception. This is a workaround if having this problem with 1.13.0 firmware.

The next firmware release to be announced will contain a fix to handle the null value and thus will not require any workarounds when upgrading units or restoring projects to units with this firmware and above.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    Colin, Mar 14, 2023
Ask a Question