SHAC failed

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by rikaussie, May 22, 2022.

1. rikaussie

rikaussie

Hi all,

Since I had a power outage a couple of days ago, my SHAC has a major problem.

Strangely, it does ping on the assigned static IP and the CNI Port 10001 is functioning and can be discovered with the “Control Systems IP Utility” that comes with Toolkit.

However no other ports respond to a scan and no logic is running. Port 80 gives connection refused.

The power light is green, but flashes red twice consistently.

Does anyone know if the unit cooked or fixable?

Thanks

rikaussie, May 22, 2022
  2. rikaussie

rikaussie

Is there any way to get console access to this to see why it isn't booting?

rikaussie, Jun 10, 2022
  3. rikaussie

Dasman

Hi Rikaussie,

Unfortunately there is no console method available on the unit. Any diagnosing tools used have to be enabled via the web interface itself firstly.

The fact that it is getting to the point where the CNI is available tells me that the unit itself is booting to some capacity, but if the web UI continues to remain unavailable, my only guess would be to attempt holding the SR button for approx 30 seconds, understanding that a backup will need to be loaded to the unit if this process succeeds.

Dasman, Jun 10, 2022
    rikaussie likes this.
  4. rikaussie

rikaussie

Hey Dasman!

I pulled it apart and duplicated the SD card. No success with holding SR... Is there any ability to get a fresh/default image for the SD or I am I wasting my time?

Probably should just get a new unit, as the family are getting grumpy with no heating working.

Anyone got stock in Melbourne?

rikaussie, Jun 10, 2022
  5. rikaussie

Dasman

From what I know, SE does repair them so that might be more cost effective. Also depending on the age of the unit, it may well still fall into the 2 year warranty period too.

Dasman, Jun 10, 2022
  6. rikaussie

Colin Moderator

Clipsal will repair your shac, but I would not mention that you have already pulled it apart :)

Have you tried contacting then https://www.clipsal.com/clipsal-support/contact-us

you should be able to organise a return and RMA for repair.

Do you have a backup of the project ,

Colin, Jun 11, 2022
Ask a Question