Setting the time and date, and a simple schedule!

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by glenajones, Jun 16, 2017.

1. glenajones

glenajones

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since I posted here, it was back in 2009 when I was first installing c-bus during my home renovation.

It's been working very well for the last 8 Years. I've recently purchased a wiser 2 as an upgrade to the original wiser, as the iPhone app is due to be retired with the next iOS version.

I also purchased a 5104DTSI to read the outdoor temp, and an EDLT switch to replace an old E2000.

I have the following equipment in my setup;

3 x 12 channel relays, 1 x 8 channel dimmer, a pascal usb controller, wiser 2, 5104DTSI temp sensor.

I've got 3 x DLT switches, 1 x EDLT and and 9 x E2000 switches. 2 Outside PIR's and 3 internal PIRS (Kitchen, entrance hall and first floor landing)

I'm no expert with c-bus, and have been helped immensely by reading the posts here.

Now to my question!

How do I set the date and time!! The new EDLT can be set by the button press combination and accessing a menu. It then displays the time and date, after a period of time this goes back to showing dashes. I've attached a pic to show you what I mean.

I've also amended some parameters in the c-gate config file to make it primary and master for time. I'm sure this did something as when I walked passed the switch recently the time was showing, and I thought I'd solved it. But it keeps going back to dashes.

Please help! It's driving me crazy and I'm sure its something simple to you guys.

As a secondary question to this, I'd like to have a light turn on and off at a specific time. Can you just give me a little pointer in how to do this. I was under the impression I could do it in piced with the wiser 2, but it doesn't seem to work. But that may be down to the lack of date/time in my first query!

Looking forward to your replies :):):)

Cheers
    Glen

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
    glenajones, Jun 16, 2017
  2. glenajones

NickD Moderator

The time on C-Bus is maintained by the "time master".

The Wiser, Wiser2, and PAC can be a time master... I'm not sure about C-Gate itself, or whether it needs an application like Homegate or SchedulePlus connected to it.

Since you have a Wiser2 I would let the Wiser2 do it, and then it should use an NTP server to keep the time accurately.

The time master sends a time update on the bus regularly to keep the time on any devices like eDLTs accurate.

The interface on the eDLT is to enable the time to be set in a device like the PAC that doesn't have a user interface. When you set the time on the eDLT, it will broadcast it on the bus, and any other devices should accept this. The broadcast will cause any other time masters to back off, but when they don't see another update for a period of time, they will resume broadcasting themselves.

The fact that your eDLT shows dashes suggests it doesn't have a valid time... either it has been reset, or perhaps the time being sent is wrong (I can't recall exactly what validation it does).

The lack of a valid time probably also explains the schedules not working correctly.

Is your Wiser2 set up correctly on the ethernet side? Does it have a gateway etc set so it can reach an NTP server?

Nick

NickD, Jun 19, 2017
Ask a Question