Set up to view a 5104DTSI in Wiser

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Colin Smith, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Colin Smith

Colin Smith

I need to program 3 zones of underfloor heating and 3 zones of Air conditioning and as the "5031RDTSL-WE and the thermostats are no more" can someone run me through setting up a 5104DTSI with a Wiser as the logic engine.

There is a wiser as well as eDLTs. I would like to be able to show the temps on these. I have not been able to track down any examples and everything I have attempted so far has not been successful.
    It is probably something very simple I am missing.
    (Viewing on the wiser is currently more important than the eDLT.)

Colin Smith, Aug 30, 2016
  2. Colin Smith

NickD Moderator

Ok.

The first thing you need to do in PICED for your Wiser project is to add the measurement channels in the Measurement Manager.

You do this on the Project -> C-Bus Applications -> Measurement Manager menu.

You'll need to know the Device ID you configured for the 5104DTSI when you set it up in Toolkit.

Then, because there's no native widget for the temperature display, you need to map it to a System IO variable(s) using a bit of logic and then create a Logic widget to display it.

If you want to use the values in some calculations, you'll want to map them to real variables, but if you want to display them you'll probably want to map them to strings so you can display a "C" afterwards..

Here's my code to do the latter :

Code:
    once (Second = 0) then
      begin{Bed1}
        r_temp := GetRealIBSystemIO("Measurement App Real Value", "WIRED", 68, 1);
        Format(s_temp, r_temp:2);
        Append(s_temp, ' C');
        SetStringSystemIO("Bed1TempString", s_temp);

{Bed2}
        r_temp := GetRealIBSystemIO("Measurement App Real Value", "WIRED", 70, 1);
        Append(s_temp, ' C');
        SetStringSystemIO("Bed2TempString", s_temp);        

{Outside}
        r_temp := GetRealIBSystemIO("Measurement App Real Value", "WIRED", 0, 1);
        Append(s_temp, ' C');
        SetStringSystemIO("OutsideTempString", s_temp);

{Inside}
        r_temp := GetRealIBSystemIO("Measurement App Real Value", "WIRED", 0, 3);
        Append(s_temp, ' C');
        SetStringSystemIO("InsideTempString", s_temp);

{Rainfall}
        r_temp := GetRealIBSystemIO("Measurement App Real Value", "WIRED", 0, 0);
        Append(s_temp, ' mm');
        SetStringSystemIO("RainfallString", s_temp);

{Rain rate}
        r_temp := GetRealIBSystemIO("Measurement App Real Value", "WIRED", 0, 2);
        Append(s_temp, ' mm/h');
        SetStringSystemIO("RainRateString", s_temp);
      end;

The last 2 parameters for GetRealIBSystemIO() are the DeviceID and Channel.

For displaying on the eDLT, you just choose a measurement widget and tell it the DeviceID and Channel.

Let us know how you go.

Nick

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016
    NickD, Aug 30, 2016
Ask a Question