ServerX and new version of Homegate

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by MichaelCarey, Apr 16, 2006.

1. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Hi Everybody,
    I use ServerX (v0.55b) with Homegate (I now use Homegate version 3.4.1) and have noticed that since a few Homegate updates ago, ServerX is acting a little weird.
    ServerX and Homegate are on different machines. The problem seems to be in the loading of each updated Homegate image in the remote web browser.
    I log in OK, and select Homegate OK and it seems to take far too long for the Homegate page to load on the remote machine. When it does make an appearance and I click on a button, the C-Bus action happens immediatly, but the updated web page again takes a very long time to load on the remote browser.
    Homegate itself seems to be OK, I've tried loading my project on my laptop and pointed ServerX at the new IP and the problem is still apparant.
    I normally use Firefox, but IE has the same problem, as does my Linux laptop running a Mozilla browser. All other ServerX functions seem OK, administration works OK, local C-Gate access (v1.5) works OK. Either it's the transfer of pages from Homegate to ServerX thats the problem, or ServerX to the web browser...
    Anyone else having issues with ServerX and newer versions of Homegate??
    Regards,
    Michael.

MichaelCarey, Apr 16, 2006
  2. MichaelCarey

Darren Senior Member

Check the JPEG image quality setting. If you have selected high quality, it will be slower.

Darren, Apr 17, 2006
  3. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

I spent a good part of last Sunday and Monday working on this problem. In the end, after a removal of all Java and ServerX software and re-install of the same didn't work..... I went through a re-install of Windows 2000. It wasn't too bad, my server doesn't have any critical data on the OS HDD, it's just a matter of OS, drivers and updates, basic support software (ServerX, UPS control, FTP etc.) and all was OK once again.
    It must have been a co-incidence that the upgrade of the HomeGate and this problem appeared at the same time..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2006
    MichaelCarey, Apr 20, 2006
Ask a Question