Serial Protocol - Light/Group Levels

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by damian.flynn, Jan 6, 2011.

1. damian.flynn

damian.flynn

Hi Guys,

I have coded up a driver for Elve automation system to work on the CBUS, with most focus on App56 for lighting. The driver is working pretty stable and all the main functions needed are responding very nicely.

The bus is cool and transmitts lots of good data to parse and process, and I am having no issues in reading Group/light level data when it appears on the bus.

However - One of the things I can not find anywhere is how do i query the current level of a light (group). I would like to set the driver at startup to query the current network for the level of any group\light which is present on the bus, so that i have this data from the start, and not just after some time running and listening to the bus

Do you know of a function or command that you can issue on the bus to request a level report? pointer at the relevant doc even would help, I have read a pile of them but this function has excaped me so far.

Thank you in advance
    Damian

damian.flynn, Jan 6, 2011
  2. damian.flynn

MHeaton

You need to look at the Status Request message in the Serial Users Guide

all is explained there.
    Regards
    Mark

MHeaton, Jan 6, 2011
  3. damian.flynn

damian.flynn

thank you sir,

this evenings reading awaits.
    -d

4. damian.flynn

damian.flynn

I am some genius,
    I had wrote a function to query the level and only when i started reading the doucment again did i cop on that i never actually called the function...

thanks again
    -d

5. damian.flynn

damian.flynn

damian.flynn, Jan 10, 2011
  6. damian.flynn

ashleigh Moderator

Be aware that the status request / reply will only give you information for a level on a group that is in an output unit (eg relay or dimmer).

If the group exists only in an input unit (and yes there are reasons for doing this) then you won't be able to query and find that it even exists, let alone get its level.

ashleigh, Jan 11, 2011
Ask a Question