Serial port on ctouch

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by [email protected], Nov 7, 2005.

1. pharvey@leighmaree.com

[email protected]

Hi,

I have successfully been running a pascal app on the ctouch that reads and writes to control an HVAC.

Today for no particular reason the reads stopped returning data ie the communications on the serial port stopped working.

If with my laptop running PICED with exactly the same serial connector as is plugged into the touch screen and exactly same logic running within PICED it works :confused: . You could therefore deduce it is something to do with ctouch. Looking at the port all looks fine. I've tried resetting the project and rebooting the device. The logging shows the programs are trying to read/write to the port - just nothing is coming back.

Any ideas ???

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2005
    [email protected], Nov 7, 2005
  2. pharvey@leighmaree.com

[email protected]

one more bit of info on this. If i do a cross over to a terminal session then the c-touch is reading but it is not writing so just seems to be transmission of data... :confused:

[email protected], Nov 7, 2005
  3. pharvey@leighmaree.com

Darren Senior Member

I does sound like a fault with the serial port. Do you have another colour C-Touch which you can try ? If not, you may need to get it swapped over.

Darren, Nov 10, 2005
Ask a Question