Serial Port on Colour Touch Screen

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by kcampbell, Jul 11, 2005.

1. kcampbell

kcampbell

Hi,
    I have been trying to poke some simple text out of the Com Port on a Colour Touch Screen. (To see if it works, then when it is working, send commands to an AV amplifier...)

I used Com 1 as a first attempt, and got errors from the unit. (Can't remember exactly, but it was when I tried to open the port.)

Assuming that I had the wrong port, I rewrote the code to use 1, 2, 3 or 4 (so I could find which one did work).

The error went away, but I'm not getting anything out. (Am using a null modem (crossover) cable it that helps.)

Anything I can use to debug this?

kcampbell, Jul 11, 2005
  2. kcampbell

rhamer

Good old Hyperterminal should give you what you need (asuming you are sending printable ASCII characters).

It's not great at everything but should suffice for what you are doing.

I dont know if you need a NULL Modem cable or not, as I don't have a Colour Touch to check, but it will probably be in the documentation somewhere.

rhamer, Jul 11, 2005
  3. kcampbell

ashleigh Moderator

One of the other chaps should be able to help you more than I can - but from what I can remember, COM2, COM3, and COM4 are used internally as part of the Colour Touchscreen design. So I'd guess COM1 should be your best bet.

ashleigh, Jul 11, 2005
  4. kcampbell

Darren Senior Member

You can only use COM Port 1 with Colour C-Touch. I have just updated the help file to reflect this.

If you use any other COM Port, the logic engine will give a run time error number R111.

Darren, Jul 11, 2005
Ask a Question