Serial Number Matching - NOT

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by PSC, Dec 14, 2005.

1. PSC

PSC

I know this has been mentioned before, but this might be able to shed some new light on the matter.

Today I scanned a network that I have previously created a database for upto 3 months ago.

Strangely, when I scanned the network and selected "Match Serials" all items execpt for the RELDNC4's (4ch Changeover relay) matched correctly. Only 22 out of the 40 Change Over Relays on this network aligned as expected.

PSC, Dec 14, 2005
  2. PSC

JohnC

LOL - I have given up with Match Serials...

I pre-program the output devices on the bench using a demo board... by program I mean that I plug them in 1 at a time and :
    1. Scan New
    2. Readdress
    3. Name the device
    4. Save to Network and Database
    5. Stick a label on FRONT of device showing it's "Name" (eg: LG_DIM1)

Once they are wired on-site, I program the GA's etc as required. It's easy because the UAs etc are already assigned so there's no conflicts to resolve of devices "to find"...

That's the only way I have ever been able to reliably make it work on large scale projects

Good luck, John

JohnC, Dec 14, 2005
  3. PSC

darrenblake

Matching serials

You're right about doing things the good old way. It works very well, but can get monotonous when you've got projects with a few hundred units in them.
    Peter, I knew there were past issues, believe me i've had projects with 5 and 10 networks, of late, i have to admit the match serials seems to working ok, but i cant say I've used any L5504RVFC's of late

darrenblake, Dec 14, 2005
  4. PSC

Duncan

Hi Peter,

Did the Unit Type's match exactly? We've had reports of Match Serials not working but it invariably comes down to the Unit Type that was added to the Database not matching the Unit Type found on the Network.

Duncan, Dec 14, 2005
  5. PSC

PSC

Duncan,

The only units that didn't match were the CO Relays. All 40 are exactly the same.

PSC, Dec 14, 2005
  6. PSC

ashleigh Moderator

We know about this, we know its annoying, and an improvement is coming....

ashleigh, Dec 15, 2005
  7. PSC

Duncan

Thanks Peter, I'll contact you directly.. the only bug we know of with Match Serials involves IR Sensors.. I dont know of any issues with the changeover relays.. talk to you shortly.

Duncan, Dec 15, 2005
Ask a Question