Serial controll of Lg TV

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by watkins, Jun 9, 2008.

1. watkins

watkins

Been using PAC controller to controll an Lg Lcd TV, all works well but having trouble with the read serial command. I can query the tv via my laptop and get the response i want, that works ok, but when I load the programming onto the PAC everything works but it dosn't seem to be reading the serial or it's returning a difference response. As I said, if the tv's rs-232 is plugged into the laptop all is well, but when plugged into the pac I can write to serial ok only.

Anyone with any ideas of what i should look for? Is there any differences between the laptop's serial and the Pac?

Thanks

watkins, Jun 9, 2008
  2. watkins

znelbok

I have some experience with the LG range and the serial protocol with them (all on CQC, not with the PAC)

The PAC may be seeing the echo of the commands sent. You don't really notice it with hyperterminal, but when you type and you see the letters on the screen, that is the TV echoing the commands.

I have seen one of the LG's send out strange responses and I could not work out why. I did not spend too much time on it so I came out without any answers

what are you getting back?

a reply from a power query should be a 01 OK 01 (Hope I got that right, going from memory now). If you get it wrong the OK is replaced with a NG.

Mick

znelbok, Jun 10, 2008
  3. watkins

Lucky555

I can remember having problems with the Integra Amp.
    You send messages to the unit finished with control code #13 however you need to read in messages back from the unit finished with control code #26.

Either way you need to be reading the serial buffer on every control loop. Check how the LG completes an outgoing message and make sure you are reading in the same way. ;)

Lucky555, Jun 10, 2008
Ask a Question