Serial Control of Yamaha RX-V3900 via C-Touch, code created already?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by paulyp, Jan 4, 2012.

1. paulyp

paulyp

Hi guys,
    Does anyone already have the commands/code written to control a Yamaha RX-V3900 via the C-Touch's serial port from PICED?

Thought I'd check as these amps are fairly common and share the same commands I'm told as the Z7 Series amp.

The amp does have IP control but I'd like to create buttons on the touch screen to control the amp.

Thanks very much for your help in advance,
    Paul
    Sydney - North Shore

paulyp, Jan 4, 2012
  2. paulyp

djaggar

I started to do this, but ended up controlling my RXV3900 from a connected PC running Girder. The code is written in LUA. The reason I did this is two fold 1) I have a Wiser, which doesn't support all the IP fuctionality of the CTouch and 2) I've run out of TCPIP ports on my Wiser. I'm happy to send you what I have so you can steal the structure of the code, but it's very straightforward. I assume you have found the Yamaha Excel Spreadsheet that describes all the commands?
    PM me if you need more.

djaggar, Jan 9, 2012
  3. paulyp

paulyp

Hi Djaggar and all,
    That would be fantastic, I have a Wiser also but haven't installed it yet but this could be a work around plan so yes please if you could send it to me that would be great! (paulypearce at gmail.com)

I'm still going to try and get the serial method working as I've now got all the codes from the German Yamaha site. If anyone wants the RS232 and IP commands I can send them around, they were a pain to find. Yamaha Australia dont post them on their site or even respond to requests for them.

I tried with the correct 3900 RS232 codes with my laptop and then following with my PC's COM1 port but still no success.

I read somewhere you need to use a Null Modem cable, is that right?
    This Null modem cable apparently switches pins 7&8, similar to the RX/TX understandable switch of pins 2&3. Is this right? Has anyone got RS232 to a Yamie amp?

As step one, I just want to send a command to the amp to get it to do something, anything, like just turn on. Once I confirm that, I'll go on to write the rest to control for the C-Touch to control the 3900.

Thanks

paulyp, Jan 9, 2012
  4. paulyp

znelbok

From memory, I think I am only using three wires on my 1900. It is a crossover cable as well.

If you got he PC option for control, have a look at CQC as it can do a whole lot more and gives you a C-bus interface as well. May not be what you want, but its another option you could look at.

Mick

znelbok, Jan 9, 2012
Ask a Question