Serial C&M via Ctouch via 5500PC

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by niciinnz, May 5, 2010.

1. niciinnz

niciinnz

Hi There,
    Thought I had the basics down but missing something, trying to write logic to send (and receive) serial cmds to (and from) an AV Receiver, when writing the code in PICED, I want to open the serial port on the 5500PC,

from the Logic Help , I get,

OpenSerial(SerialPortIndex, COMPortNo, BaudRate, DataBits, StopBits, FlowControl, Parity);

But doesn't this relate to the Port on the Touchscreen?
    How do I choose to use the 5500PC?
    Does anyone out there have a reallife example other than the examples on the helpfile?:confused:

Cheers

niciinnz, May 5, 2010
  2. niciinnz

NickD Moderator

You can't do this with a 5500PC...

For debugging, you can test your logic code in PICED using a serial port on your PC (you would connect this to your AV receiver).

To run it on a real C-Bus device, you need a device that incorporates the logic engine, as well as an RS232 port... which is either

a) a 5500PACA
    b) a 5000CTC (Colour Touchscreen)
    c) a 5000CTBL (Black & White Touchscreen Mk2 with Logic)

for a) you will also need the RJ45-DB9 serial cable
    for c) you will need the serial cable 5000CT2RS232 and an adapter because the DB9 on this cable is the wrong sex for connecting to something other than a PC :(

Nick

NickD, May 5, 2010
  3. niciinnz

niciinnz

Cheers for that one, explains why it didn't make sense, I guess I can only control 1 device per cbus unit then ?

niciinnz, May 5, 2010
  4. niciinnz

Darren Senior Member

The PAC has 2 serial ports.

Darren, May 5, 2010
Ask a Question