Separate wiser screens for master bedroom vs rest of the house?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by poldim, Oct 28, 2011.

1. poldim

poldim

Is there a way to have a separate set of screens for the master so that the people from the living room cannot turn the bedroom lights or audio on and off?

poldim, Oct 28, 2011
  2. poldim

Darren Senior Member

No, there isn't a way of doing this. It is being considered for the future though.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2011
    Darren, Oct 29, 2011
  3. poldim

poldim

I was afraid of that answer...is this anything that might be added in the next 12 months?

Can you have two CNI modules on one cbus network with different programs in them?

poldim, Nov 10, 2011
  4. poldim

Darren Senior Member

We can't comment on ongoing developments.

The CNI is just a passive interface to C-Bus. You can have two different Wiser units, if that is what you mean.

Darren, Nov 11, 2011
  5. poldim

poldim

That's perplexing - most companies want to share their soon to be out products to generate interest. What's Clipsal's/C-Bus' market share of the market that they choose this practice?
    My apologies, yes, I meant the Wiser units. For a moment I thought the webui program was held in the CNI, but now I remember when you log into the router the Wiser tab shows you the project size.
    On a side note, I just did this and my project shows the following:
    My project is relatively small now as it is just a test panel. How limiting is it that I am already at 70%?

poldim, Nov 11, 2011
  6. poldim

bmerrick

Hi Poldim,

Darren, jump in here to say it won't work etc. or what a dumb idea it is!!!! :) It would be very difficult I think but maybe workable. Wish I had more time to play with the logic more to experiment.

It seems to me you could have a 'secured' areas using logic. If you had a 'real', 'boolean' or 'integer' system IO input widget (or multiple) you could use the 'Set' to send a 'password' ie number eg 15 etc or use 3 x booleans and you need to set sw 1 on sw 2 off sw 3 off etc. to logic.

This password through if then logic could set either a lighting or enable group address to on (eg Security ID Checked), enabling a set of buttons on the Wiser for use for the bedroom. These buttons in simple form could be 'AND'ed in the Relay or Dimmer, or alternatively have some higher level logic added in the Wiser to do this. So for example changing 'WISER BEDROOM LIGHT BUTTON' to on would change 'BEDROOM LIGHT' group address to on if 'SECURITY ID CHECKED' group is enabled.

A lot of playing around with nested logic but still do-able IMHO.

Poldim, enjoy the skyscraping learning curve on that one!!!! ;-) This could give you a long night!!

Of course it would be easier if the same 'enter passcode' method used to access the Wiser tools menu was a widget you could add, that could then take you to / enable a 'protected' function group / room. I assume something like this is what Darren is referring to for a possible upcoming feature upgrade.

So you can (possibly??) write the logic now if you have the time and inclination.

Brad

ps. maybe the Security Code widget could be corrupted to the job using logic to get the returned code.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
    bmerrick, Nov 14, 2011
  7. poldim

poldim

I'm very new to this platform and its logic. What I would hope I can do is send cbus commands from an html page This way I can have a set of pages that would reside for the master bedroom different from the one for the rest of the house.
    Assuming the web pages are hosted on a server within the same network and subnet that the Wiser unit is on, is there a way to send (and receive) commands to the cbus network?

poldim, Nov 14, 2011
  8. poldim

kjayakumar

That 70% is just the amount of available space used. There's a minimum amount taken up and I think that's about 70%. For example, my office project has 117 widgets, lighting, hvac, scenes and Logic, and it says 76% used.

kjayakumar, Nov 14, 2011
  9. poldim

kjayakumar

I'm a bit confused. I think what I understood originally from your question was that you had a project on your Wiser, eg: all your lights including the master bedroom lights and you wanted to see all those widgets on your user interface in the bedroom (eg: iphone/touchscreen in bedroom) but did not want to see those same lights accessible/controllable when you were in the rest of the house? Is that still the case? As Darren pointed out, the current set of Wiser user interfaces, iPhone/iPad, Adobe Flash, etc are not yet capable of this.

If on the other hand, you have a separate server running, then you a long list of options including C-Gate, etc.

kjayakumar, Nov 14, 2011
  10. poldim

poldim

I want to have several tablet devices around the house, but I want to limit to only the master tablet having controls to master lights, shades, etc.

I have a seperate HTPC/Server that hosts data for me and has the ability to host we pages to the local network. So, if I can control the cubs system with HTML commands, I may do that.

poldim, Nov 17, 2011
Ask a Question