sensor switching multiple outputs on same relay

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Jaden66, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Jaden66

Jaden66

Ironing the bugs out of my new home.....

My garage sensor (old version firmware) works as it should at night, not on during the day and switches selected light (garage LED) from relay output no problems.... But, it also switches on 9 other sets of lights (outputs) of the same relay. I have tried setting any switches associated (wall light switch) to 'unused' but it still throws all 9 outputs on.

Image below of sensor settings.

Attached Files:

Jaden66, Apr 20, 2021
  2. Jaden66

DarylMc

Hi
    The operation of the relay (output) unit is determined by its programming not the sensor (input) unit.

DarylMc, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Jaden66

Jaden66

The relay? So the sensor sends a command to the relay to open a channel, the garage light. Are you saying I have a faulty relay module? I can not see any other setting on the relay that tells it to open multiple channels from a single sensor. Should I reset the relay module to see if that clears it?
    Also when the timeout period has ended, all channels on that relay turn off!

Jaden66, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Jaden66

DarylMc

No I’m saying it looks like you should do the basic training course.
    If you want to see what turns on an output channel you should be looking at the relay configuration.

DarylMc, Apr 21, 2021
  5. Jaden66

Jaden66

Not an option DarylMc, when you live in a small town where c-bus is a dark art with the electrical suppliers, you adapt. I am an electronics engineer by trade and have been able to set up a complete house installation with some 40 devices. The c-bus has some quirks which is why I am here to gain more knowledge on getting around them.

I have done a reset on the relay module and will see what happens tonight. There is no Logic Assignments set so I cannot see anywhere on the relay that is controlling more than one output. All I can think is that the logic within the relay utin is getting screwed up from this one input, all the other inputs do as they are programed!

Jaden66, Apr 21, 2021
  6. Jaden66

DarylMc

Have you read the training manuals?
    You should be able to find them easily with a web search.
    I suppose if you mean by quirky you mean need to read the instructions yeah.
    The problem is if you don’t have a basic understanding of the system it’s very difficult for you to ask a relevant question or understand any help someone gives.
    You posted a shot of your sensor configuration.
    If you want to know why the outputs are turning on you need to show the relay configuration.

DarylMc, Apr 21, 2021
  7. Jaden66

Jaden66

== F I X E D ==

OK, as I said, 'quirky' . I reset the 12 channel relay module via toolbox, so it then had no designated outputs ('unused'). I then reset the outputs to where they were originally and it now works. The garage sensor will now only trigger the garage lights.

I have notice that when I programed these modules on my test bench and then installed them, that a couple of them would do strange things like above. The same with sensors and switches. A reset via toolbox fixed all these issues. Possibly if they use NovRAM it may loose some of its information after a short time with no power on them.

I hope this helps someone who encounters a similar issue.

Jaden66, Apr 22, 2021
Ask a Question