Sensor Sunset light function lights flashing

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Ashley W, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Ashley W

Ashley W

Got an interesting one, going to assume a small programming error.

I have a PIR type SENPIROA that is set to turn on a group at sunset.

Anyway come sunset the lights turn on, but then start to flash on and off until such time as it gets really dark and they stay on for my timer length.

I assume what is happening is when the lights turn on it is then bright enough that the PIR thinks it is light again so turns off the lights, so turns off, then it gets 'dark' so triggers sunset on again.

I am happy at the light point where the lights turn on, so don't want to adjust the light sensor, but how do I stop (assuming my theory is right) the PIR turning off when it get lights.

The key function of the SS tab is

Short Press: on
    Shore release: off
    Long press: Retrigger Timer
    Long release: Off key

I am going to bet changing long release to idle will do the trick, but just want to confirm.

Ashley W, Jul 16, 2018
  2. Ashley W

Ashley

Get rid of the 'off' functions. You will always get a short release or long release which will turn the group off. Just use the standard movement in dark and movement in light.

Movement in dark is:

Short Press: on
    Shore release: Retrigger Timer
    Long press: Retrigger Timer
    Long release: Idle

Movement in light is:

Short Press: Retrigger Timer
    Shore release: Idle
    Long press: Idle
    Long release: Idle

Retrigger timer only works if the group is on. So when it's dark 'movement in dark' first turns the ga on then sets the timer. When the ga is on it generally moves the sensor into 'movement in light'. So the retrigger timer will only work if the ga is already on, and keep the light on all the while there is movement.

Ashley, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Ashley W

Ashley W

Thanks for that, though I am a little confused. I am not actually using the movement in light function, I am only using the sunset and movement in dark function.

Anyway I did take the advice to change the offs to idle earlier today (thats what I was suspecting) and tonight it was fine. That said there is a window of about 5 minutes where it was happening before, which varied based on the ambient light levels. Will see how I get on.

Thanks again.

Ashley W, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Ashley W

Ashley

The idea of the default movement in light settings is that when the sensor is triggered the light activated generally puts the sensor into movement in light mode. If you don't set this up, then when the sensor triggers via movement in dark it will not trigger again while the light is on, so after the time delay then light will go off and then come back on immediately if there is continuous movement. This result in regular flashing of the light if you have short timers set up which is quite annoying. By setting up the movement in light as described, once the sensor has been triggered by movement in dark, it will continue to be retriggered while the light is on.

Ashley, Jul 17, 2018
  5. Ashley W

Ashley W

Ok, understand better now. Thanks.

Ashley W, Jul 17, 2018
Ask a Question