Sensor Reset

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Weedo, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Weedo

Weedo

Just a quick question to anyone really,
    I have an install where i need to be able to reset the pir timer state, ie if the pir timer is at set at 3 minutes and only 2 minutes has passes is there a way to reset the sensor. I have noticed that the disable function will only stop the sensing function and not the internal timer.

Thanks Brent.

Weedo, Oct 30, 2012
  2. Weedo

Brendan Rogers

C-Bus PIR early timer reset.

Hi Weedo,

Yes, just turn the Group Address that the PIR is controlling off early from some other C-Bus device.

Brendan Rogers, Oct 30, 2012
  3. Weedo

Matthew

type of timer

Hi Brent
    Not sure what you mean by "reset", ie do you mean restart or end?
    If you want to restart, i.e. you want the sensor to restart the internal timer (pre-set 3 min period), when it has already begun and is counting down the pre-set period.
    In the set up of your sensor, there are two timer types, one shot and retriggerable. You want retriggerable, this is the standard type for a sensor.

If you want to end, i.e. you want to end the timer, when it has already begun and is counting down the pre-set period. Cannot be done, unless you install the vulcan feature! :rolleyes:, how would the sensor know you want it to stop? There is no way unless you give it another signal to turn off from another source, ie from a key input.

Cheers

Matthew, Nov 2, 2012
  4. Weedo

jboer

I may be wrong but I am pretty sure if you send an on command for the same group that the PIR is controlling from another source the PIR timer will cancel out. Of course you will probably need to disable the sensor as well otherwise as soon as the sensor detects something the timer will start again, you can actually use the same group as your 'light' group as the sensor will not disable it self.

Edit: Of course if you are wanting to use a key input to send an on command on a group that is already on you will probably have to use something like recall with recall set at 100. To get a toggle feature from your key you would then have to use short press recall, long press off.

Edit 2: Have just tried it and looked it up. It is actually an exercise straight out of the CBus Basics workbook.... Also if you were actually asking how to remotely reset the timer in the sensor I don't think that is possible. You would just have to use a timer in the local device.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
    jboer, Nov 13, 2012
  5. Weedo

Weedo

Thanks for the reply jboer but yer the situation warrents a remote reset and it seems what i need to do is not possible. I have since found a fix via another possibillity. Thanks again

Weedo, Nov 28, 2012
Ask a Question