Sensor Light Level Control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mattalot, Nov 26, 2014.

1. mattalot

mattalot

Hi, i just have a quick question. I'm trying to program lights that operate with any movement but only during the day. The client wants them off at night time. I'm using a 5754ODPEIR. I have a C-Touch (no logic) connected via network bridge if that helps.
    Regards, Matt

mattalot, Nov 26, 2014
  2. mattalot

mattalot

Ok, i managed to work this out using the schedule on the C-Touch. The next thing that has me stumped is turning off lights when it gets too bright, i.e ambient light.
    I'm using a 5754ODPEIR which triggers a scene on motion, but they want the lights off when it gets too bright. any suggestions?

mattalot, Nov 27, 2014
  3. mattalot

mattalot

Still need help

I'm still having trouble getting the sensors to work how I want. They want the lights off when the light levels are high, but I can't seem to get the sensors to do that.
    I've tried setting it to day/night move and played around with the potentiometer but no luck.
    I even tried using the bank switch to trigger a scene that turns the lights off, but that didn't seem to work.
    Does anyone one have suggestions?

mattalot, Mar 23, 2015
  4. mattalot

Ashley

The way to do this is to use the inbuilt sensor functions to trigger the light when the light level gets below a preset value, then use the Occupancy Enable/Disable group to disable it at night via a schedule in the touchscreen.

Use the default Day Move for group 1 and Night Move for group 2. Set potentiometer A to Light Level and Sunset Adjust. The trick here is the light level range of the pot is from 0% fully anti-clockwise, to the value set in the Light Level Target of the Light Level tab (this is true even if you aren't using light level maintenance). You need to figure out approximately what light level you want the sensor to trigger at. You can do this by waiting for the desired light level then clicking on the Last Measurement box for Ambient Light in the Light Level tab. Set the target to say twice this value and put the pot in the middle then play around till you get the desired result.

To disable the sensor at night create a 'Disable Sensor' ga or whatever you want to call it. Set it in the Occupancy Enable/Disable drop down of the occupancy tab and then create a schedule to turn it off at the required time and another to turn it back on again (or a single schedule that just pulses the group for the required disable time). Note that disabling the sensor won't turn the light off if it is currently on, so I usually create a scene that disables the sensor and turns off the light.

Ashley, Mar 23, 2015
  5. mattalot

mattalot

Any suggestions for the sensor in the office? It gets very bright during the day, around 1600 lux, so they don't need the lights during the day. I've tried playing with the night move but can't seem to get any response.
    Do I need to use the pot and light level target to get it right? I want the sensor to work between 0-1000 lux.

mattalot, Mar 27, 2015
  6. mattalot

Ashley

If you have been playing around with the settings I suggest you reset the sensor to default. After a reset the sensor will be set to night move operation as described above. Set the Light Level Target to 2000 and the adjustment pot in the middle. Set the timeout to say 5 seconds to make it easy to test. Any movement with a light level below about 1000 lux should trigger the sensor. You can check what the current level is as described above.

Ashley, Mar 27, 2015
Ask a Question