Sensor 5751L switching problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by harks98, Jun 15, 2006.

1. harks98

harks98

I have recently added a 5751L sensor to an existing installation.

Their are 2 groups of lights in the room where I installed the sensor. The Sensor has been programmed to switch on only one of these groups when entering the room and time out/turn off after 20 mins.

They also have a local switch to turn this load on/off (The customer still wants to be able to switch the lights on/off via the switch), and have the sensor switch the load off after 20 mins should they forget to switch the load group off.

The problem I have is that when you exit the room and switch the lights off via the switch the sensor picks you up and turns the load group back on again.... obviously not the desired effect. Unfortunately I am not able to position the sensor so it wont pick you up when leaving the room.

Before I sit down and have a play with things, does anyone have a simple solution to this problem.

regards

Matt

harks98, Jun 15, 2006
  2. harks98

PSC

If you have a PAC or Colour C-Touch you could try the following -

Create a dummy group address for the sensor - say "Room 1 Sensor" and "Room 1 Sensor Disable".

Set the sensor in the Toolkit so if there is any movement it turns "Room 1 Sensor" ON for 1 sec. Also setup the disable sensor when "Room 1 Sensor Disable" is ON.

Setup a timer in PAC / C-CTouch and write some code along the lines of -

once (GetLightingState("Room 1 Sensor") = ON ) then
    begin
    SetCBusLevel("Room 1 Lights", "ON", 0);
    TimerStart(Room1Timer);
    end;

once TimerTime(Room1Timer) = "0:20:00" then
    begin
    SetCBusLevel("Room 1 Lights", "OFF", 0);
    TimerStop(Room1Timer);
    end;

once (GetLightingState("Room 1 Lights") = OFF ) then
    begin
    PulseCBusLevel("Room 1 Sensor Disable", 100%, 0, "0:00:05", 0%);
    end;

This means that when you turn the lights OFF via the switch it disables the PIR for 5 sec to allow you to exit the room.

Also, whilst there is movement in the room the timer will keep resetting. Once all movement has stopped for 20 minutes the lights will turn off.

You could take it one step further and create another dummy GA "Room 1 Switch" for the switch that turns "Room 1 Lights" ON (program as above via logic) that has a seperate timer that will turn the lights off automatically if there is no movement in the room for 5 minutes and if "Room 1 Switch" in ON. Just incase they forget to tun them off themselves.

So you can have two diffent timers for the PIR and disable it on the way out of the room.

I hope this helps.

PSC, Jun 15, 2006
  3. harks98

harks98

Peter,

Thanks for your reply. Can you think of any other ways arround this without the use of PAC or a Colour C-Touch?

harks98, Jun 20, 2006
  4. harks98

Don

You need to numb the sensor when the lights are turned off via the switch. If you make the switch also turn off the PIR enable group when it turns off the lights, that would work, but there would be nothing to re-enable the enable group.

Just playing here.. looks like you can do something if you have a spare block in the unit that gives you manual control. Set up the switch that allows 'manual control' to be a one-key toggle timer with:

short press = toggle,
    short release = start,
    long press = idle and
    long release = restart

Now set an unused block in that unit so it works with the same key as the toggle key, and set the timer interval to say, 5 seconds, and the expiry function to be 'Recall 1'. Set the 'Recall 1' level to 100%, and assign the new timed block to the same group as is used to 'enable' the PIR. Make sure that the timer expiry function for the original key block is 'offkey'.

If the lights are on, touching the button will toggle both the light group (to off), and the enable group (to off). after the 5 seconds, the enable group will come back on. The timer on the light controlling key, when expired, will leave that group off.

When the lights are off, the manual override will turn on the lights and off the enable, which is no big deal as the enable will become active again in 5 seconds.

The only downside I can see with this is that the timer active leds will flash on the light controlling key when it has just been turned 'off', but I'm sure there would be a few ways around that if you are really fussy.

Don

Don, Jun 20, 2006
  5. harks98

Conformist

Doh!! :mad: Not fair Don.... I was going to try/test that when I got home....too busy here! Must be the old C-Bussers' have the same ideas :D

Conformist, Jun 20, 2006
  6. harks98

Sergio

Hi, Don.

Why do you suggest to use Recall1 instead ONKEY for expiry function?

Sergio, Jun 22, 2006
  7. harks98

Don

Unless things have changed recently, Toolkit doesn't allow 'Onkey' as a timer expiry option.

Don, Jun 23, 2006
Ask a Question