SENPIRSS and Toolkit

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by rabbie2, Feb 16, 2005.

1. rabbie2

rabbie2

Hi Folks,

Now I have successfully programmed in all the units, (using this great toolkit software), in a self build house in Scotland, I need a wee bit of advice on the correct procedure for setting up the PIR using toolkit, or do we have to use the learn mode?

Unfortunately the terms are not too familiar to me (recall, idle, retrigger etc), is there a good place to find out the meaning of these terms?

Best regards,
    Bill

rabbie2, Feb 16, 2005
  2. rabbie2

Newman

Bill

If you want basic PIR functionality then it's not necessary for you to know all the details about how those functions work. If you click on the "Default" button on the Functions tab of the UI it will set you up with standard PIR behaviours. All you need to do from that point onwards is choose the group address you wish to control.

The terms "PIR Day Move" and "PIR Night Move" relate to what functions the unit will perform when the ambient light level is above/below the level set by the light level adjusting screw on the unit. If the ambient light level is below that set by the screw then the unit will perform the PIR Night Move functions. If the ambient light level is above that set by the screw then the unit will perform the PIR Day Move functions.

In simple terms the default behaviour will turn on the nomiated Group when it detects movement and the light level is "dark" and start a turn-off timer. The light will then come on and any further movement will keep re-setting the timer interval. Person leaves the area and the timer times out, turning off the Group Address/load.

Newman, Feb 16, 2005
  3. rabbie2

rabbie2

Hi Newman,

Thank you for your kind reply. I will try the tips that you have given me.

I must admit it would still be nice to know what is really happening ( I am a curious person by nature!).

Thanks again.
    Bill

rabbie2, Feb 17, 2005
Ask a Question