SENPIRIB Randomly turning on ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by travis1973, Jun 21, 2010.

1. travis1973

travis1973

Hi,

I have a sensor in my walkin wardrobe the is has issues that it continues to turn the light on in the wardrobe and then times out.

I have tried adjusting the light sensors and sensetivity on the acutal unit but it contiues to turn the light on until the times out again.

It is happening anytime day or night as the walk in wardrobe is always dark and sensor is in the same area.

I have no dramas when I walk into that the sensor activates and brings on the light... though sometimes a bit of a slow reaction time but it does work..

Any suggstions would be apprecaited ... Thanks, Travis..

travis1973, Jun 21, 2010
  2. travis1973

CC&C

I had a spider once doing laps across the Sensor window that would trigger the lights ... possibly geckos in your neck of the woods? Surface spray around the area of the sensor may help. You may also need to check inside the sensor as well to see that nothing has taken up residence. Also check that there are no drafts of warm or cold air that are inadvertantly triggering the sensor. Cheers, cc&c.

CC&C, Jun 21, 2010
  3. travis1973

travis1973

Hi, I have tried what you have suggested and the sensor is clear and no notiable drafts are coming into the area ..

I have had the toolkit log running and noticed that the sensor seems to always activate after a Time check from either the Wiser or C touch b&w mk II...

I have two pir sensors and one in the toilet never activates unless someone is in the area where the one in the walkin robe seems to ...

Any extra thoughts will be appreciated...

Cheers, Travis..

travis1973, Jun 29, 2010
  4. travis1973

Darren Senior Member

Is there any chance you could capture this in a C-Bus Diagnostic Utility log and send it to CIS Tech Support? Ask them to send it to me.

Darren, Jun 29, 2010
  5. travis1973

Newman

If you've got multiple sensors of the same type in your install then I'd suggest you swap two of them over. That way you'll be able to see if the false triggering follows the unit or the location.

Newman, Jun 29, 2010
  6. travis1973

travis1973

Hi Darren,

I will run this now ... do you want about a 24 hour log or do you require a longer or short log.

Cheers, Travis..

travis1973, Jun 29, 2010
Ask a Question