SENPIRIB PIR Occupancy detector

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by fred, Aug 18, 2012.

1. fred

fred

I am wondering if it is possible to control 2 group addresses with 1 PIR. (the installation in fact has two PIRs at each end of an entry area; either of which needs to activate the two groups

I have a "group" of entry lights which need switching independently (used for low level ambience 30%)... The PIR needs to activate these plus another "group" of entry lights at 50%.

I do not have logic (pac) on this network.

fred, Aug 18, 2012
  2. fred

Memphix

2 addresses on a PIR... Yes it is possible, up to four group addresses.

If you have more than one sensor controlling more than one group address, I think it is best practice to assign the status of both sensors to the same group address.

2 addresses set to different levels... Only if the level of each address is always only set to that level. To do this, in the output module (dimmer) set the max level. I presume this is not a desired result and you will need a scene controller or touch screen or PAC unit etc to achieve your desired result.

Memphix, Aug 18, 2012
  3. fred

fred

Thanks Memphix,

Yep both sensors are to control the same two group addresses and yes both at the same level.

Nope I cant set the max level on the dimmer... The two addresses are also switched independently, at higher (and lower levels) thru both scenes (Mk1 touch panel) and dimmers (dlts)

I have attemped using the "block" function to set up the PIRS... The first one works fine but when I program the second (same parameters) the outcome is quite weird????

fred, Aug 18, 2012
Ask a Question