SENPILL sunset switch

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by veryhuge, Oct 18, 2006.

1. veryhuge

veryhuge

I have 2 wired networks joined together. On one, i have a SENPILL that has been set for the sunset mode. It doesn't seem to work.

I changed the key functions to be On, retrigger,retrigger,idle instead of the on,off that it had in order to get it to work better. it seems ok but the LED should be showing status and is currently off although the group is on.

I use the group as an activator for some external PIR's (SENPIRB etc) to control outside lights and only want it to work at night. The light level sensors in the SENPIRBs i think are really crappy because its very hard to get them right. it either doesn't come on when its dark, or by moving 1mm, it comes on in bright sunshine. I think the digital senpill is better at getting this right as i can easilyt see the amount of light its getting and set the range.

The group should also cross the bridge but last night, when i manually shine a torch at the unit to get it to trigger (on turning the torch off) in the toolkit, network A showd the group on but network B showed it off.

Any ideas on how to get this working ?

thanks.

veryhuge, Oct 18, 2006
  2. veryhuge

Newman

Which unit were you shining the torch at? The SENPIRIB's or the SENPILL? If you were shining the torch at the SENPILL then it seems that the Sunset function is working as you can see the message on the A side of the bridge.

Make sure that you've got the Connect Application option checked on both sides of your bridge. That will link the 2 networks together.

You should be aware that the SENPIRIB's are not IP-rated products fand as such they are not approved for out-door use. You may well experience false tripping or unit degredation if used outside.

You can test that you've got your SENPIRIB's working correctly by toggling the state of the group in Toolkit.

Newman, Oct 19, 2006
  3. veryhuge

veryhuge

I was shining the torch at the senpill. The bridge is set to all applications.
    tonight, when i look in the toolkit, i see the 'night mode' is on although the senpill doesn't have the red led flashing like i would expect.

ive also just learned that, when i put the 'night mode' enables all other pir's, they come on during the day and not at night...

strange.

i know they are not for outside use, we have a senpirss in the weather areas, thje others are not going to get any weather issues.

when i look at the 'night mode' group on the other side of the bridge, its off although on this side its on.

i assigned a spare relay on the other side of the bridge to be 'night mode' just to see if it needed something to listen to it.

any ideas ?

veryhuge, Oct 19, 2006
  4. veryhuge

Newman

This option is defined on the Connection tab of the UI under the Connect Applications group box. That is a different thing to the 'Send to adjacent network' option, which appears in the Message Destination group box on the Message Destination tab. You need to make sure that the 'Send to adjacent network' option box is ticked on both sides of the bridge. Then the group address will behave as one on both networks.

The PIR's have an option that allows them to be enabled or disabled when the Sensor Enable/Disable group turns on. This is selected by the radio button and either you've modified the Sunset key microfunctions in the SENPILL and wound up with it working in reverse or you've got the wrong radio button selected in the SENPIRIB.

Not a bad idea. A quick visual is often the quickest and most reliable way.

Newman, Oct 20, 2006
  5. veryhuge

UncleSam

Do not expect the LED on the Light Level sensor to flash unless you have set it up with a time period, if it is just looking at day/night by light level then you may get a stedy LED lamp to show what state it is currenly in but it won't flash

UncleSam, Nov 15, 2006
Ask a Question