SENPILL Light Level and Occupancy.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Charlie Crackle, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

I have noticed that when the Occupancy sensor is enabled (Blue light on) the LUX reported by the Light level sensor is 0

Does this mean it can not be a light level and occupancy sensor at the same time ?? I thaught as long as there was movement the Light sensor worked. It just seems to stay at 0 Lux (1.1.4 toolkit)

Do the LEDS (blue, orange, red) in the unit effect the light level sensor ??

Charlie Crackle, Dec 27, 2004
  2. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

This question should not have be too hard ?? :) :)

I am finding using this unit as a light sensor very poor. You need to shine a 300W halogen right at it to get any reasonable light levels from it. With full sun in the Room it only show 95 lux. Any one used one as a light level sensor...

Charles

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2005
    Charlie Crackle, Jan 10, 2005
  3. Charlie Crackle

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi Charlie, that sounds weird, we'll check that out.

As a first thought, have you tried adjusting the Occupancy Sensitivity level (Potentiometer B)?

Defect #4172

daniel, Jan 10, 2005
  4. Charlie Crackle

Newman

Charlie

Sounds like a dodgy unit. Typical office-style lighting is around 400 - 600 lux. A typical home ambient light level is around 200 - 400 lux or thereabouts. Holding a multisensor up to a 300W bulb should be enough to reach the upper lux limit of approx 4000 lux.

The Light Level and PIR functions are essentially independent, they just use the same light level sensor and set-points. The light level sensing features can be used indpendent of any PIR functions.
    The unit compensates for when the different LEDs are on or off in firmware but the effect is only a small amount.

Newman, Jan 17, 2005
  5. Charlie Crackle

daniel C-Busser Moderator

as part of my testing on this issue I found that the lux went from 600 to 700 when the LED comes on (a change of about 100 lux).

daniel, Jan 17, 2005
  6. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

daniel,
    Did you also find that the LUX went to 0 when you enable the occupancy Sensor (Blue light on). Is the 100 LUX the compensated value ??

As sensor only was reading 89 lux was 100 LUX being subtracted to compensate thus indicating 0 LUX as the value (what I was observing)

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Jan 17, 2005
Ask a Question