SENPILL IR Issue

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Charlie Crackle, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

I have a SENPILL installed in a Home theatre. It used as Occupancy sensor and IR Sensor.

IR set to banks AB and controls 4 loads on "A"

What I am finding is that a number of remote controls that control the Hifi gear seem to turn on and off load "1" on bank A (Loads "2,3,4" are never triggered (except by Clipsal remote)

example
    Sony DVD Player Remote. (Arrow up button) & (Edit Button)
    Yahama Amp (Volume up)

My understanding was the SENPILL talked NEC protocol. Why is it responding to Sony ??

I setup a Neo in another room the same way and all works perfectly (ie the Sony/Yahama remote has no effect on any load in the A bank.) the Clipsal remote worked all loads as expected.

Is the SENPILL a little less Precise with the signal it accepts than the Neo ??

Charles

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2004
    Charlie Crackle, Dec 26, 2004
  2. Charlie Crackle

Don

Charles,

The SENPILL uses the same encoding as NEO does with regard to the IR remote control, however the number of allowed codes has been increased to accommodate new features, and the firmware has been changed a little to optimise sensitivity (more IR packets must be received in NEO than in SENPILL to be considered valid, and the IR signal is considered valid for longer to allow "long press" to work). The IR encoding for these products is not the same NEC encoding as is used with the SceneMaster. The NEO and SENPILL encoding is fairly simple, so it is certainly possible that part of a more complex code from another system might satisfy the requirements for a particular IR key. I know that the hardware is a little different in this area between the two product types, but I'm not sure that these differences will be the cause of your problem.

You should be able to use the IR offset feature to shift the IR codes used for keys, if your problem is only with one of the codes. Can you select a different IR remote "BANK"? That might be worth a try.

Unlike NEO, the SENPILL does not apply the "key debounce" time to the IR input, so unfortunately that is not an option.

Don

Don, Dec 26, 2004
  3. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

I tried the CD bank and that works fine. and "C" is not triggered

The problem I have now is the Channel up/down which I was using first 2 buttons on the "B" bank are now on the "D" bank.

And the "D" bank codes are not avaliable. (As should not be asked for if easily offended!)

I dont suppose there is any way to program so it uses "BC" banks. Does the "Remote Control Offset do this ?? it just seemed to change the key that the "C" bank started on

You are right about the sensitivity. I can be down the corridor not in line of site of the unit and it picks up all the codes..

Charles

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2004
    Charlie Crackle, Dec 27, 2004
  4. Charlie Crackle

Don

Charles,

The bank selections are only AB or CD (and EF or GH), so bank BC is not an option.

The key offset for the IR code will only affect the key that is pressed, so that's not much help for you.

I'm not sure what else I can suggest..

Don

Don, Jan 5, 2005
  5. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Maybe Clipsal could release the "D" codes.

Charlie Crackle, Jan 10, 2005
Ask a Question