Senpill & infra red

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aaron, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Aaron

Aaron

Hello,

I've tried searching on the forum, but could'nt find anything? :confused:

With the SENPILL multi-sensor can you use the 5035TX small 8 button remote (shipped with the colour screen) to control multiple (approx 3-4) groups?

If so any examples how?

If not, can you use any IR remote?

TIA, Aaron :D

Aaron, Mar 21, 2011
  2. Aaron

NickD Moderator

The remote that comes with the Colour touchscreen is the 5035TX. This uses NEC codes, and only the newer Multisensors (later than v2.0.00) support this remote.

All multisensors support the other "Clipsal format" remotes.

For more information, try the help in Toolkit or the product instructions.

Nick

NickD, Mar 21, 2011
  3. Aaron

Darren Senior Member

Yes, this is possible.

On the multi-sensor GUI, the Global tab allows you to enable the use of a remote control.

Here is how you can control 4 groups from the 8 key remote control (5035TX):
    1. Set the group address and function of spare virtual keys (say virtual keys 5 to 8) in the same way as if they were real keys
    2. On the Global tab, select NEC Remote

Keys 5 to 8 will now control the selected groups.

You could use a "learning" remote control to control the multi-sensor as long as you have a 5035TX to learn the codes from.

Darren, Mar 22, 2011
  4. Aaron

Aaron

Hi Darren,

I think I've set the virtual keys correctly in the occupancy tab?
    see following picture SENPILLoccupancy

On the global tab of the SENPILL, I can see the check box for 'clipsal remote', but not NEC remote?
    see following picture SENPILLglobal

Aaron

Attached Files:

Aaron, Mar 22, 2011
  5. Aaron

Darren Senior Member

Your unit is probably an old one. Support for NEC remotes is only available in unit after V2.0.00 as Nick said.

Darren, Mar 22, 2011
  6. Aaron

Aaron

Old . . . .

I only put them in 6 months ago?!?!

under 'unit identification' tab it says V2.0.00
    so I guess these are 'OLD'

Can I get these upgraded?

Aaron, Mar 22, 2011
  7. Aaron

Newman

For a very long time (years) the Multisensor firmware version was 2.0.00. Recently there was a running change made to the production hardware and firmware that took the version number up to 2.3.00. The firmware cannot be upgraded between the two as the hardware is very different.

You can use most universal Infrared Remotes with the Multisensor by learning the correct IR codes into them. If you have a Philips Pronto you can download the IR codes from RemoteCentral. The Logitech Harmony library includes both IR formats for all the Clipsal remotes too. The ones you want are from the 5034TX12 (same as 5038TX).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2011
    Newman, Mar 22, 2011
  8. Aaron

Aaron

Hi,

Considering I bought these 3 units 'Recently' should they not be firmware 2.3.00??:(

The bottom line is;
    Will I be able to control approx 3-4 different groups from each multisensor unit using a 5035TX (small 8 button remote)?:confused:

Aaron

Aaron, Mar 22, 2011
  9. Aaron

Newman

Changes that are issued to production can take a while to reach customers. There's all the work-in-progress items to be pushed through, distribution centres and warehouses to flush through, etc. Places that have high stock turn-over are more likely to have units made more recently. I suspect that your location, i.e. Wales, doesn't sell a lot of C-Bus, so items are likely to have been on the shelf for longer.

The bottom line is; No. You cannot control your Multisensor from the 5035TX. Given that it was never advertised or publicised as having this capability, you'll need to use a different remote.

If you want a small form factor remote to control some C-Bus groups and scenes via your multisensor you'll need to use either a 5038TX or a 5038TX2 instead.

Newman, Mar 22, 2011
  10. Aaron

Aaron

BUGGER!! . . . . :mad:

I had a look around and from what I can see all the major uk suppliers are supplying the 'older' units?? :confused:

whats the range of the 5038TX? How much? and where from, as the few uk supplier's I looked at dont list them?

Also, considering the controller has 8 buttons, will I be able to control 8 seperate groups (possibly in different applications)?

Aaron

Aaron, Mar 23, 2011
  11. Aaron

Newman

5038TX and 5038TX2 both work up to about 5m from a Multisensor. You can also use a 5084TX, 5088TX, 5034TX or 5034TX12. These remotes have a range of about 8m from a Multisensor but they are physically larger.

Most of the features of the Multisensor can be controlled via Infrared. You have 8 Group Addresses, and Scenes, and all of these can be controlled via Infrared. If you need to control more than 8 groups, then you can use the IR on the Multisensor to trigger a Scene stored in another C-Bus unit. The Multisensor only supports a single C-Bus Application.

Newman, Mar 23, 2011
  12. Aaron

Aaron

:) :) :)

Thanks Newman

I'll get some ordered

Aaron, Mar 24, 2011
  13. Aaron

Ashley

The other option is to use one of the Logitech Harmony remotes as they support both the Clipsal and NEC codes (downloaded from the Logitech web site). You can pick a basic one (525) up for around $45 and you can give a meaninful name to each button which makes life a lot simpler for general usage.

Ashley, Mar 24, 2011
Ask a Question