SENPILL After Power Failure....

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Charlie Crackle, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

I have noticed that after a power failure that the SENPILL enables the Occupacy sensor (And the BLUE LED) This seem to be regardless of the state of the group address that enables it.

I have a group address that is PIR enable which enables the occupancy sensor. This is turned off at sleeping time so that the night Blue NIGHT light does not shine.

If there is a power failure ie power goes off then on the BLUE night light comes on. Even thought the group address PIR Enable is off. I need to turn on PIR enable and then Turn it off to turn off the blue night light.

Why is this so, :confused:

THanks

Charles

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2006
    Charlie Crackle, Nov 12, 2004
  2. Charlie Crackle

Newman

Charlie

Make sure that on the Power Fail tab of the UI for the Multisensor you have it set to "Resume Previous State" for the PIR Cell. That way if the PIR was disabled before the power failure it will come back disabled when power returns.

I suspect that the Power Fail state for the unit is set to "Always On" for the PIR.

Newman, Nov 14, 2004
  3. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

No I have the power fail state set to "Disabled"

It functions as if it is disabled. IE occupancy sensor does not work

Just the blue night light is "ON"

Power Up state Options are "Disabled" "Enabled" "Restore" (on tool kit 1.1)

Regard less of the power up state wont it read the group address and do what ever it says as soon as it can ?? Does it only see the transitions of the group adress?? wont the "cbus error checking fairy" see they are differnet and match the output to the input ??

Charlie Crackle, Nov 15, 2004
  4. Charlie Crackle

Newman

Is this in Toolkit 1.1 beta or using the V2 installation software?

I suspect what you're seeing here is the hold-off time after power-up to let the PIR element stabilise. As soon as the PIR is stable the unit starts responding to motion, worst case is about 1 minute after power-up. I suspect that the PIR really is enabled.

Group addresses are not "read" on power-up as such. The unit only sees transitions on the C-Bus group. There is no "CBus error checking fairy" on the PIR and PECell enable/disable groups because they are not one of the units 8 primary groups and don't get the close scrutiny that those other groups do. Merely looks at transitions and, if set to remember previous state, stores that away so that it can remember what the setting was in the event of a power failure.

It seems to me that there is some interaction between the "Disabled" setting for the PIR and the option as to whether the PIR enable/disable group address is set to Enable or Disable the PIR when the group address is turned On. I bet that if you change the setting so that the PIR is Enabled when the PIR Enable Group is turned on then the PIR will be disabled after a power failure (assuming you've still got the thing set up to have the PIR disabled after power-up).

If this is the case then you can choose to either have the PIR set to resume previous state on power up (always remembers last state) or invert the logic on your PIR enable/disable group so that the PIR is enabled when the group is turned On.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2004
    Newman, Nov 15, 2004
  5. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Yes you are right it is the PIR warming UP. The PIR Cell is on also.

I did some power fail tests today and even with the power fail set to disable. It is still enabled after power fail.

It may be a Toolkit 1.1.1.116 problem. (they were programed with it)

If I get a chance I will try with the old software.

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Nov 20, 2004
  6. Charlie Crackle

Newman

Yes, indeedy, looks like a bug in the Beta build of Toolkit. I've logged the defect and passed the info on to the people that need to know. V2 seems to behave correctly.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Newman, Nov 22, 2004
  7. Charlie Crackle

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Correction

Found the original report (#2745), this appears to have been a SENPILL issue not SENPIRSS.

daniel, Jul 17, 2006
  8. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

Yes it is a SENPILL issue NOT SENPIRSS (I have corrected the first post)

the forum software does not change the title even though I changed the title of the first post.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2006
    Charlie Crackle, Jul 17, 2006
Ask a Question