SENLL lux level

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by ramdor, Jan 8, 2007.

1. ramdor

ramdor

Hi there,

I am in the process of setting up a cbus install my house that is being renovated. I am wondering if the SENLL's are 'sensitive' enough or if they need calibrating?

For example, in my dining room which is approx 16ft by 14ft, I have 4 wall lights, two each side, which give out a total of 400w. They are paired on two GA's with some dimmer logic. When they are fully on, the SENLL reads approx 70-80 lux. If I set the target lux to 40, both GA's ramp down to about 70%. The SENLL is mounted centrally on the ceiling.

I was reading in another thread that 300w of house lighting should give approx 200-400 lux.

Firmware version on the SENLL is 1.00, using toolkit 1.5.2.

Edit: Eeeek... just found this... http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2546

Regards,

Richie.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
    ramdor, Jan 8, 2007
  2. ramdor

Newman

Richie

That thread you linked to refers to the Multisensor, which is a different product.

The SENLL's are calibrated at the factory. The end user cannot change the calibration.

Newman, Jan 9, 2007
  3. ramdor

ramdor

Hi :)

Yeah I realised that, but I was wondering if the post by JohnC in that thread, where he goes on to explain lux/angles etc, might be the reason why I am only seeing 70lux with 400watts of lights in a room 16ft by 14ft.

Essentially the lights are not 'shining' into the light sensor?

Cheers,

Richie.

ramdor, Jan 9, 2007
  4. ramdor

Don

Yes, that part of John's post applies to all light sensors. The SENLL is intended to be wall-mounted and when set up correctly, will maintain the light level at the senor to at the calibrated target level.

All is not lost in mounting it in the ceiling however. If you have a luxmeter, or just have an approximate of the level you want to maintain, you can adjust the regulation threshold down so that the SENLL can work. Whatever the numerical value of the regulation threshold is is not important AT THE SENSOR in this case, because the sensor is only regulating the light that reaches it, which sounds like a level much lower than the light level at the working area (the dining room table?).

Don

Don, Jan 9, 2007
Ask a Question