SENLL Firmware update

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by crispyoz, Dec 6, 2016.

1. crispyoz

crispyoz

Is it possible to update the firmware in a 5031PE? The one I have is using version 1.0.

Does the updated firmware have the ability to broadcast lux level the same as the 5031PEWP?

Thanks.

crispyoz, Dec 6, 2016
  2. crispyoz

tsman

You can't upgrade the firmware in a 5031PE. If you need the light level broadcast then you need to make sure it comes with 2.3.0 or 2.4.0. For 1.0, all you can do is periodically poll the sensor for the light level.

tsman, Dec 6, 2016
  3. crispyoz

crispyoz

Maybe a dumb question but how would I poll the device? I see the thread on polling a temperature sensor but it doesn't give me any code sample. The code would be running on a touch screen.

Thanks!

crispyoz, Dec 7, 2016
  4. crispyoz

NickD Moderator

If you're using a touchscreen (or logic engine) then to get the temperature from one of these you need to set up a "Monitor" (Project->Monitors)

When you set up the Monitor on the Monotor Manager UI you tell it the Network and Unit Address of the sensor, and how often you want to read it.

Then you can place a monitor component (Component->Place Monitor, or the thing that says 88.8 on the toolbar).

Alternatively you can access the value in Logic.. see the help for monitors and the "GetUnitParameter" function.

Nick

NickD, Dec 7, 2016
Ask a Question