Sending Data to the CBUS Network

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pspeirs, Apr 3, 2015.

1. pspeirs

pspeirs

Hi All,
    Is there a way of sending and saving data on the C-Touch Colour. For example, if I wanted to store pulses and count them how would I get those pulses into the network via serial for example and save them into a system IO Variable. Haven't dealt with anything in this area as yet but would have a number of requirements to set groups based on different inputs.
    Yes, I could use one of the general input type units, however I don't currently have one, would rather program a PIC to send via RS232 if possible. Just need to know what to do to get a valid message into the system and save it.

Cheers,
    Paul

pspeirs, Apr 3, 2015
  2. pspeirs

jboer

Hey,

You can use the RS232 port on the Colour Touch to connect into your PIC. Look up the logic help and you should be able to work it out from that.

If you were wanting to write directly onto the bus it can be done but you would need a PC interface for every PIC you wanted to use and frame all the cbus commands manually. It is a lot of work personally but if you really want to do that I would look at: http://www.cbus-enabled.com/

If you wanted to just bring in digital inputs I would really be looking at the bus couplers: Clipsal Input Page

Cheap and small.

J

jboer, Apr 4, 2015
  3. pspeirs

pspeirs

Hey there,

Some inputs will likely be digital, but there are also some analogue inputs I'd like to bring in as well. But I completely overlooked the serial port on the C-Touch. That might even be a cheaper solution to using the cbus to micro interface board 5000SM/2.

Can interface directly (almost) to the CTC. I assume I can get commands onto the bus via this port also?

Regs,
    Paul

pspeirs, Apr 4, 2015
  4. pspeirs

jboer

More or less, but basically you just need to write a bit of translation logic that sends the C-Bus commands based off your serial input.

jboer, Apr 4, 2015
  5. pspeirs

pspeirs

Awesome thanks for the ideas all, I'll have a mess around with that over the weekend since it hasn't stopped RAINING!! One more question though, is this able to be simulated in some way for debugging or would it need to actually be run against the CTC being a physical port.

Cheers,
    Paul

pspeirs, Apr 4, 2015
  6. pspeirs

jboer

You can use a serial port on your computer (USB adaptor ect ) as a serial input for PICED for testing and simulation.

jboer, Apr 4, 2015
Ask a Question