Seeking Simple IP Sockets Example

Discussion in 'Pascal Logic Code Examples' started by random78, Sep 15, 2018.

1. random78

random78

Hi All,

I am a long time lurker, first-time poster. I have done my best to search the following question but apologise if I missed the glaringly obvious topic that addresses this question.

I am currently experimenting with LUA through a SHAC (and PACA) to see if I can port over some of my more complex automation tasks across IP connected devices but am struggling to find example/documentation. Most of these devices are running simple TCP socket-based IP bridges to their existing RS-232 control interfaces. Would someone have easy access to a LUA sockets primer of sorts or a simple sample TCP socket application in LUA that includes a 3-way handshake followed by a command and response?

eg (for a JVC projector):

Open Connection to IP:pORT (TCP)
    Wait for "PJ_OK" (up to 5s)
    Reply with "PJREQ"
    Wait for "PJACK" (up to 5s)
    Send Command (typically Hex, eg; \x 06 89 01 50 57 0A)
    Wait for Response (typically Hex, eg; \x 40 89 01 50 57 RR 0A)
    Close Connection

Any support would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

random78, Sep 15, 2018
  2. random78

znelbok

Panasonic Projector?

znelbok, Sep 15, 2018
  3. random78

random78

JVC in this case. But the approach is broadly the same for similar for similar IP bridged RS232 based controls.

I have had some success with a Denon AVR despite the less than optimal lua documentation but have not tackled how to send hex-encoded strings.

random78, Sep 18, 2018
Ask a Question