Security panel identification

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonnyp64, Nov 29, 2021.

1. jonnyp64

jonnyp64

Can anyone tell me what brand of security panel this is?
    It has a high level Cbus interface and seems to be storing some scenes which are triggered by access control.

Attached Files:

jonnyp64, Nov 29, 2021
  2. jonnyp64

Graham Lamb

Hi
    That is a Minder Mk2 they have not been available for 15 or more years they were very reliable when programed correctly

Graham Lamb, Nov 29, 2021
    Pellmell likes this.
  3. jonnyp64

jonnyp64

Thanks Graham. I now have to work out how to tell the client that my assessment of “ this is definitely not a Clipsal product” was wrong!!!!
    You think that Clipsal would have put some branding somewhere on the board or enclosure- there’s not a thing!!!‍♂️

jonnyp64, Nov 29, 2021
  4. jonnyp64

jonnyp64

Whilst I have your attention Graham maybe you could help me with another issue on this job.
    I upgraded the subboard on Friday and since then a scene that would activate whenever they swiped their fob upon entry after 7pm doesn’t now work.
    Other than power off for SB upgrade, I didn’t touch anything else and access control and Cbus work fine otherwise. The installation has the Eclipse slimline switches which to my surprise ( oddly enough, I have never come across these on any other job in a 10 year period) have no Scene storage or activation capabilities- or at least I can’t see any-
    I assume that the Minder was handling the entry scene.
    Also, if the Minder does in fact handle scene storage how do you fire the scene using these switches??

jonnyp64, Nov 29, 2021
  5. jonnyp64

Graham Lamb

The Minder has lots of features it could be used for security, cbus interface, Temp, voltage, current, 8 x inputs 8 x relays expandable to 16 plus a phone interface (your one has Phone interface) key pads, blue light driver, siren driver.
    There are 4 inputs used on your one they could be connected to dry contacts in an alarm unit or normal switch contacts which could trigger scenes in Minder ie turn lights on when alarm is disarmed, turn lights off when armed.
    The most likely reason Minder has failed is the batteries failing due to age. There is a 12 volt battery plus on the main board under the phone interface there is a 3 volt battery. The 3 volt battery should keep all the scenes in memory when power is lost. 12 volt will do the same.
    Have you rebooted the unit by turning off power and disconnecting the 12 v battery but not the 3 v battery.
    I have worked with Minder on many jobs in the early days. It was a great unit.
    good luck

Graham Lamb, Nov 30, 2021
  6. jonnyp64

jonnyp64

Thanks once again Graham.
    I haven’t rebooted using the sequence that you detailed so I will try that when next there.

jonnyp64, Nov 30, 2021
  7. jonnyp64

Graham Lamb

Allso the time may be out it looks like there is a LCD keypad the time and date can be set there.

Graham Lamb, Nov 30, 2021
  8. jonnyp64

Ashley W

There was Clipsal branding on the cabinet when sold.

But the whole thing was designed and built by another company which is most likely why the board etc has no Clipsal branding or reference. Clipsal had a dispute with them which lead to its early demise.

Ashley W, Dec 9, 2021
Ask a Question