Security : Maximum zones is 80 or 255?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Serial Protocols' started by ismu, May 4, 2006.

1. ismu

ismu

Hi!

I'm developping a software for an Alarm System that support more than 80 zones.

In the document CBUS-APP/05, the Zone Unsealed cmd can support zone number from $01 to $7F . The cmd Zone Sealed/Open/Short/Isolated seems to have the same limitations. Furthermore, it's seems that Status Report 2 can report 80 zones max(it would be nice to report the same zones with Status report and with the cmd Zone Sealed/Open/Short/Isolated...)

Also, in the devkit, the cmd that can be generated allow only 80 zones. Does the C-Bus network will be able to support a zone number higher than 80 ?

So am I limited to 80 zones with this protocol?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

ismu, May 4, 2006
  2. ismu

Richo

I can't remember the number off the top of my head, but it was certainly not 255 so 80 would seem correct if that is what the protocol says.

Remeber however that this is 80 zones per network (including joined networks). So if you have multple networks that a seperate on a ethernet backbone using CNI's you can have 80 zones per network.

If networks are joined with app connect then the zones are considered the same and the 80 limit applies to all the networks joined by app connect (either using full send to adjacent netwrok or routed to specific network).

Richo, May 4, 2006
  3. ismu

ismu

I think the term "zone" is confusing here. When I'm talking of zone, is on the side of my alarm aystem. It's not the same zones as the C-Bus network. I'm working on a module that translate the command sent by the panel of the alarm system (witch have it's own protocol) to the C-Bus network.

The alarm system support 127 zones, so, if the zone 94 open, can I report it on the C-Bus or I will only be able to report the 80 first zone?

And as I was saying, it's a little strange that the StatusReport1 & 2 can only report 80 zone if other command can have up to $7F zone as argument like this example(take from Devkit) :
    Tx : \05D0000A877F<CR>
    Tx : = Zone 127 Sealed

ismu, May 4, 2006
  4. ismu

Richo

I was refering to the zones in the Security Application Protocol. To answer you other question I will need to refer to the protocol docurment which Iwon't have access to until Monday (not in the office today).

Richo, May 5, 2006
  5. ismu

ashleigh Moderator

The protocol supports 80 zones in the status messages.

If you have more than 80 zones, then numbers > 80 cannot be reported in the status messages.

ashleigh, May 5, 2006
  6. ismu

ismu

Ok! I will have to live with theses limitations!

ismu, May 5, 2006
Ask a Question