script wizard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dguler, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Dguler

Dguler

Over the years I have become very familiar with PICED and the advanced Logic programing . In particular the script wizard has got me out of the S%$& more then a few times.
    Now we have moved on to Spacelogic and Application controllers / NAC and SHAC. How ever as far as I can tell there is no script wizard ? Is this something that might be coming or will I have to learn how to script from scratch?
    Finally Can anyone help me write a small bit of code ?. I need to disable?/enable a Cbus unit (sensor) when a cbus group turns on and off. (not sure if possible) Would get me out of a pickle for now until i learn more. :)

Dguler, Sep 9, 2022
  2. Dguler

Ashley

Very unlikely. However there is plenty of online documentation and examples for Lua, and the SHAC has examples of common code segments.

Why do you need logic for this? You can do that directly in the sensor.

Ashley, Sep 9, 2022
  3. Dguler

Dguler

Its a 57540DPE, I need this sensor to be disabled when the alarm is on. The alarm turns one of my group addresses on and off. As far as I know this sensor has an enable/disable function for light level maintenance but not for the whole sensor??

Dguler, Sep 12, 2022
  4. Dguler

Ashley

Click on the Occupancy tab. The top drop down box lets you select the occupancy enable/disable group. Select 'disable' if the alarm group to non zero during an alarm

Ashley, Sep 12, 2022
  5. Dguler

Dguler

Ok thanks, will this disable the whole sensor. In particular the bank switch functions tab?

Dguler, Sep 12, 2022
  6. Dguler

Dguler

Ju
    Just tested and no, it does not disable the bank switch functions

Dguler, Sep 12, 2022
  7. Dguler

Ashley

The light level maintenance has its own disable group on the light level tab. Unfortunately I don't think you can use the same group address for both functions. No idea why there would be this limitation. You could write a simple event script and use the trackGroup function to get one group follow the other.

Ashley, Sep 12, 2022
Ask a Question