Screen saver coding

Discussion in 'Pascal Logic Code Examples' started by muppets, May 15, 2010.

1. muppets

muppets

Has anyone had any variations on using multiple pages to run a screen saver on the C Touch? I would love to use a few hundred photo's and change them every now and again but it is a tedious process?

Has anyone got any suggestions?

muppets, May 15, 2010
  2. muppets

Newman

Newman, May 16, 2010
  3. muppets

muppets

I don't want to run a server for the house - I would like not to rely upon a pc running in the background.

However that said I do run a Synology NAS which does support Apache and I don't mind using it for streaming but I would like other alternatives.

Surely if a system was set up for someone not so computer savy they would like the ability to upload their own photos or the likes maybe an embeded device that can sit in a network enclosure that is pre configured for the c-touch on the network that all they do is plug in a usb stick full of jpg's?

This could be extended to their music collection or IPOD?

Thanks for the redirection anyway.

muppets, Jun 5, 2010
  4. muppets

ashleigh Moderator

If you don't want to go that way then you need some other way to roll-your-own.

As i'm sure you are aware, photos are BIG and the CTC memory isn't. Certainly not big enough to store "hundreds" of arbitrary sized JPG files.

If you assume the files are chopped down using PICASA or similar to perhaps 800x600 in size, they can still be in the order of 100K to 800K in size, and that chews through memory in an embedded device in no time at all. Offloading it to a machine with a big fat hard drive helps out there.

The other advantage is that you can poke new photos into that NAS / Server location any time and they just appear - there is no need to upload a new image to the CTC.

ashleigh, Jun 5, 2010
  5. muppets

wanricky

I am wondering if the use of logic or memory/CPU demanding programs would have any effect on the temperature or life of the CTC? I noticed that the CTC is quite hot in normal operation, and since I look at it as a small laptop, I wonder if it is be cooler if there is less program running all the time?

wanricky, Jun 7, 2010
  6. muppets

ashleigh Moderator

Nup. Won't make any difference.

ashleigh, Jun 7, 2010
Ask a Question