SchedulePlus Not sending commands

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by sjfp, Feb 10, 2018.

1. sjfp

sjfp

We have site that running SchedulePlus unlimited (Windows 7 Enterprise). SP is connected to all networks and receiving command from groups so getting feed back OK.
    However SP appears to be working fine then for some reason out going commands stop working, so lighting groups cant be switched on off or dimmed, and also Light Level Sensor Monitors also stop working.

The college recently changed their network switches, and the problem seem to of started then.
    If we restart the PC, the problem can go away for a few days but some times only a few hours.
    Just cant seem to find the problem.

Any one have any advise

sjfp, Feb 10, 2018
  2. sjfp

sjfp

After bit more looking around, it looks like Scheduleplus is not talking to C-Gate to send a command.
    If you send a ON or OFF command directly from C-Gate the applicable group turn ON and OFF.
    So what could be stopping SP from Talking to C-Gate.

sjfp, Feb 11, 2018
  3. sjfp

jorr

Sounds like SP is locked up. Take C-bus offline, then Online again.

jorr, Feb 12, 2018
  4. sjfp

sjfp

Just to clarify. This is not a one off. Been happening for the last few week, and more than a serial times a day.
    We have uninsalled Toolkit, C-Gate and ScedulePlus serial times, rebooted pc and then reinstalled. works for a while and then stops sending commands again.
    Have also done a repair a few times on MS Fameworks.net but again the same outcome.

Any ideas on what could be causing SP to stop sending Commands Out. Incoming commands from the field are ok. Just not sending ?

sjfp, Feb 12, 2018
  5. sjfp

jboer

Hi, when this is happening what does the network status window in SP say the status of the networks are?

jboer, Feb 12, 2018
  6. sjfp

sjfp

Yes they are OK
    I may of tracked it down. Been running fine for the last 8+ hours with no drop out. So fingers crossed.
    I pop a post in a few days if the problem had been cured

sjfp, Feb 12, 2018
  7. sjfp

grasshopper

Hi sjfp.
    I realise this is an old post but I seem to having the same or similar issues with a rather large site ad Schedule Plus.
    Could you possibly let me know whether you ended up resolving this and how you achieved this?
    I'd be grateful for any hints...

grasshopper, Jun 30, 2021
  8. sjfp

razzman35

Hi All, Just wondering if there was a fix for this issue, am finding it on one of my projects now also

razzman35, May 9, 2023
  9. sjfp

Wonkey

SP is normally reliable, and to the best of my knowledge not changed has much in years.
    Working on that premise has anything changed on the windows PC or Network.
    Check Network Switches, CNI and it's PSU
    Windows updates, USB port that the SP licence is plugged into. Do a general maintenance check on the PC.
    Run the logs to see if there are any clues as to what's failing.

Wonkey, May 9, 2023
Ask a Question