Schedule Plus Unlimited Network Licence

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Nathan, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Nathan

Nathan

Its finally arrived on my desk to find that to Dongle or License check hardware is a Parallel Printer Style Dongle. I cant remember when I last used this style of connection plus nor can I find this connection on the customers computers. Is there any USB dongles available that anyone knows of for this product. I recall that prior ordering I asked the C-Bus Reps in Sydney and they told me that they were being supplied with usb dongles. I have tried the C-BUS QA manager that rang me after my post on Friday and still have no response. Can anyone help?

Nathan, Feb 28, 2007
  2. Nathan

Nathan

I think I can answer my own post.
    I ve now been informed that parralel dongles are all that is availible for this product that requires licenses above two networks. Admin this is not a dig or abuse at the forum im just letting other users know to allow for a PC that has this port availible.

Nathan, Feb 28, 2007
  3. Nathan

ashleigh Moderator

You are correct, and it is worth highlighting. When using Schedule Plus or other products that require more than 2 networks, the dongles are PARALLEL PORT.

With the exception of some laptops, most server style or high-end desktop PC's have parallel ports. And this is the grade of PC preferred for use with Schedule Plus or similar.

ashleigh, Feb 28, 2007
  4. Nathan

Mr Mark

Are software keys (licence) no longer available?
    :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2007
    Mr Mark, Mar 1, 2007
  5. Nathan

Phil.H

Unfortunately they were never available :(

Phil.H, Mar 1, 2007
  6. Nathan

PSC

Ashleigh, this is NOT correct.

The issue of non-usb dongles needs to be addressed. Servers do not have parallel ports, so then you need to try and find a parallel port card that will actually fit into a server (server boards don't have PCI slots) and then you need to make sure you have a compatible parallel port chipset! What a hassle! :mad:

All PC's have usb ports.

PSC, Mar 1, 2007
  7. Nathan

Charlie Crackle

I dont know what servers you are buying but all PC I have been supplying in the last 5 months (DELL / HP) dont have parallel ports. (or floppy drives)

The latest servers have even taken the Floppy controller off the mother board. and no parallel port to be seen...

If nathan installed an internal PCI Parrallel port card would it work ?? (most of these have there own drivers and are not realy the same as the one on the motherboard)

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Mar 1, 2007
  8. Nathan

ashleigh Moderator

Motherboards I look at have parallel ports, they are still readily available. You might have to move beyond the cheapest machines though.

ashleigh, Mar 2, 2007
  9. Nathan

Nobes

Dell & HP, cheap machines???:rolleyes:

I think there is a trend away from Parallel ports on servers as Charlie pointed out (not much use for them normally). However most home PCs will still have them, however that is not where you are going to run a 10 license Schedule plus though.

Nobes, Mar 2, 2007
  10. Nathan

jay

Intel rack mount server boards (certainly beyond the cheaper options :) ) do not have parallel ports present on the back pane.
    Could CIS please provide an alternative solution that would be compatible with toady's mainstream server products (considering that Schedule Plus multi network is positioned & priced as a server grade product)?

jay, Mar 2, 2007
  11. Nathan

Charlie Crackle

Forget the dongle all together.

Why dont CIS drop the dongle all together.

You install the software. (it generates a key based on the MAC address of the PC and say the PCI serial number in the cbus network.

Give to CIS.

They generate an access code and the software runs.

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Mar 2, 2007
  12. Nathan

Phil.H

Charles,

Stop making sensible suggestions you will get a reputation. You might even get banned like Duncan ! ;)

Phil.H, Mar 2, 2007
  13. Nathan

PSC

100% correct Jay!

PSC, Mar 2, 2007
Ask a Question