Schedule Plus running slow using Windows 8 Pro

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Chrisnz, May 16, 2013.

1. Chrisnz

Chrisnz

We are running schedule plus on a Windows 8 Pro Touch screen and when the screen is first started it will run perfectly but as time goes on it gets slower with the reaction time running out to 30 minutes or more. Each time the screen is restarted S+ runs perfectly but will slow down again.
    When schedule plus is stopped the Touch screen runs perfectly without a restart.
    The Touch Screen is HP envy Smart Touch i5 with 8Gig of Ram running on the Windows 8 Pro platform.
    We had issues getting Toolkit to run and reverted back to not having C-Gate run as a service and then Toolkit running in windows 7 compatibility mode.
    Schedule Plus is also running compatibility Mode.
    Installed Software:
    Toolkit 1.12.5
    Schedule Plus 4.11.1
    Dali Emergency Monitor 2.1.0.6 (this only runs once a month)

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced the same issues and if they have found a way around the problem.

Chrisnz, May 16, 2013
  2. Chrisnz

Goran C Forum Member

Thanks for the feedback Chrisnz

The symptoms you have described sound like a memory issue. As you mentioned "Each time the screen is restarted S+ runs perfectly but will slow down again".

As you have reverted back to not having C-Gate run as a service you can go into C-Bus Toolkit and change the maximum memory usage that C-Gate is using

This can be done via the File | Preferences | Advanced -> C-Gate Maximum Memory Usage. If running C-Gate from the command line as you are you can change the amount of memory that C-Gate is using.

Let us know if this resolves your issues.

Goran C, May 17, 2013
  3. Chrisnz

Chrisnz

Thanks for the reply Goran.
    As the machine is in a remote location i will update you when i try the changes.

Cheers

Chrisnz, May 19, 2013
  4. Chrisnz

Sched Plus Slow

Its a NZ thing,

Have two sched plus's running on win 8, CGate not running as a service, firewalls and driver signature disabled on install.

Toolkit runs fine, sched plus runs fine, drop down menus and nav seem fast, problem is when you open a component for editing initially it takes about 5 seconds to open, after running for a while its 25 seconds to open for editing.

Sometimes 40 seconds, you can watch the clock stop in Sched Plus then it restarts 40 sec later when the component opens for editing.

Any ideas, anyone

Cheers

Chris 2 NZ

265, Jun 6, 2013
  5. Chrisnz

Sweet, all running good

All I needed to do was make a post on the forum, and now it runs super fast.

Making a few changes at once here, I believe the issue was between either

I am now

1) running in win 7 compatibility mode instead of xp service pack3

2) Windows did its 4th system software update.

3) I had re enabled firewall, and it asked about allowing java to run with app.

Actually don't really care, it was one of the above and its all running sweet.

Cheers

265, Jun 6, 2013
Ask a Question