Schedule Plus and 360 PIR issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thegreatgary, Jun 14, 2022.

1. thegreatgary

thegreatgary

I have hallway at a project I’m working on. I’ve set a 360 PIR to control the lights. Schedule plus controls dimming through the day, 50% after 7pm
    And 1% at 9pm. Using the Logic on the dimmer. I’ve created a new group called “dim levels to achieve this. Unfortunately when schedule plus activates a scheduled light scene the lights stay on until the sensor is activated. Any way to make the PIR turn the lights of when no one activates them by motion?

thegreatgary, Jun 14, 2022
  2. thegreatgary

Wonkey

Try using Max logic in the dimmer

Wonkey, Jun 14, 2022
  3. thegreatgary

thegreatgary

No sorry that didn’t work. Lights stay maxed out.

thegreatgary, Jun 15, 2022
  4. thegreatgary

Ashley

I'm assuming you always want the PIr to control the lights and Schedule Plus just to set the max level. In this case you need to set the function to MIN. That way when the sensor is off the lights will be off, and when the sensor is on (i.e. 100%) the level will be set by the schedule plus level.

Ashley, Jun 15, 2022
  5. thegreatgary

thegreatgary

Thanks Ashley. Will try tonight.

thegreatgary, Jun 17, 2022
  6. thegreatgary

thegreatgary

Unfortunately already set to min. The issue is not the light levels but the sensor will not turn the lights off until motion is detected.

thegreatgary, Jun 19, 2022
  7. thegreatgary

thegreatgary

EG schedule plus dims to 2% at 9pm. Lights turn on and won’t turn off until someone walks in front of sensor. Once the sensor is activated the levels dim back to 2% no problem. I guess I’m trying to avoid multiple areas staying on till the sensors are activated (the 2% dim light scene also triggers other hallways)

8. thegreatgary

Ashley

Are you saying that the schedule turns the lights on at 9pm even if no one is near the sensor, then you have to trigger the sensor and wait till it expires before the lights turn off? If so you have something programmed wrong.

How is the sensor programmed?

Ashley, Jun 19, 2022
  9. thegreatgary

Wonkey

Something very simple to remember, A C-Bus group address does the last thing it was told to do.
    If you record a toolkit log around the time in question and compare that to whatever you believe you have programmed it may help narrow down where the issue is.
    Also for the forum to help clearly explain what you want one action at a time.
    ie 9pm hallway light, kitchen light to be set to 2 percent.
    Now if that is what the schedule is requesting then those GA will go to that level irrespective of where there were before.
    Or is it a GA used in the logic tab of the dimmer let's call it night level that you have set to 2 percent as a min level.
    Now any channel with that GA used will go to a minimum level of 2 percent and More than likely 100 percent when the PIR is triggered.
    From what I gather from your post is that when the schedule is triggered the lights come on to 100 percent and don't drop to the required level until the PIR is triggered.
    Is that correct or do the lights drop to the required level after the expiry time of the PIR.
    It may seem like a small point but the path to your solution would be somewhat different.

Wonkey, Jun 19, 2022
  10. thegreatgary

thegreatgary

11. thegreatgary

thegreatgary

I think I must have the sensor programmed wrong some how. The dimming works, jist the lights don’t turn off until the sensor detects movement.

12. thegreatgary

thegreatgary

Dimming works, just can’t get the sensor to automatically turn off the lights once schedule plus sets the level.

schedule plus has the dimming set on a different GA the controls the levels for 3 other GA.

13. thegreatgary

Wonkey

My apologies its what's happens when you write a post after an operation and just before you fall asleep
    My error I should have wrote
    Or is it a GA used in the logic tab of the dimmer let's call it night level that you have set to 2 percent as a min level.
    the result will be the output will take on the lowest level of the two group address use by that channel.

Wonkey, Jun 19, 2022
  14. thegreatgary

Wonkey

Re reading all your comments and looking at you PIR and Dimmer programming I suggest we look into the schedules that you have programmed.

Wonkey, Jun 19, 2022
  15. thegreatgary

thegreatgary

Thanks I’ll post tonight.

thegreatgary, Jun 20, 2022
  16. thegreatgary

Ashley

The only way the lights can ever be on at all is when the pir is triggered and timing, because if it has timed out it's ga will be zero and the light will be off. So something is triggering the pir. I suggest you run the cbus diagnostic unit and log the pir ga (Front Hallway Lights). You may have the sensitivity set so that other nearby lights turning on are triggering the sensor all the time.

Ashley, Jun 20, 2022
  17. thegreatgary

Trevor

Hi, id use logic to do both, turn on light when pir activates, set timer to turn it of. At the same time use logic to set the light level depending on time of day.
    Or do i have it wrong, im still learning.
    Regards
    Trevor

Trevor, Jun 20, 2022
Ask a Question