Schedule Interruptions

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by stereo247, Jul 17, 2022.

1. stereo247

stereo247

Hoping there's advice regarding my problem:
    I've setup a schedule for the pool pump to run. If however during the schedule execution i.e. when the pump is running, if the GA is switch off and then on again the pump runs until the next schedule.

Is there a way around this?

I run the schedule on Spectrum with Logic.

Cheers
    Brent

stereo247, Jul 17, 2022
  2. stereo247

Graham Lamb

If the GA is switched on after the scheduled off time it will remain on untill the next off time if it is on prior to schedule off time it should turn off.
    I asume you are talking about a cbus GA and not the override buttons on the relay.
    Regards
    Graham

Graham Lamb, Jul 18, 2022
  3. stereo247

Ashley

If you are using the Pulse function in the schedule to run the pump this is the expected behavior. If a pulse (or timer in a switch) is running, any change to the associated group address will cancel the pulse/timer. Just create 2 schedules. One to turn the pump on and another to turn it off.

Ashley, Jul 18, 2022
    Graham Lamb likes this.
  4. stereo247

stereo247

Thanks for the advice Graham and Ashley. As always you managed to resolve my problem - for anyone reading the two scene solution works. Bit obvious in hind sight.

After implementing I knocked into it in the Help Manual as well - must read more.

stereo247, Jul 19, 2022
  5. stereo247

Pc2022

other option would be to add some logic
    and a timer so if the pump is running after the schedule off time it cuts out after say 2 hours
    or add 2 more off schedules.

Pc2022, Aug 3, 2022
  6. stereo247

stereo247

I'll keep that in mind PC. Ive been monitoring the two schedule approach for the last couple of weeks and it seems to resolve my issue.

stereo247, Aug 4, 2022
Ask a Question