Scenes triggered by themselves

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AR_CI, Jan 14, 2009.

1. AR_CI

AR_CI

Hi to all

Maybe this is not quit the thread were to post such a matter but I did not know we it belongs so I post it here ? so sorry?

I am pretty new to Clipsal C-Bus and in general to "smart electricity"
    I have been working with the Clipsal C-Bus system for the past 6 months, Got no proper training though I do get a lot of help from the software (toolkit\Piced) help files and from this forum.

In my latest project I have encountered a problem that never happened before ? now this is not the first and hopefully not the last one either and defiantly it is not the most complicated one yet? the logic is pretty simple ? the hard time I having is that for some reason some of the scenarios I programmed trigger themselves! It is random but most of the time it happens on a Sunday and usually it is only scene that have to doo with blinds?!...

I cheeked the wiring, checked that I have only 3 clocks enabled' that a burden is placed ? Hardware Burden and all software burdens are disabled I have even checked each scenario individually and it works great!
    I am lost and I need help ASAP

So if any of you guys has ever encountered such a problem or something similar let me know, if you have any idea what can cause such a matter it will be very helpful.

Appreciate all the help (clues) I can get.

Many Thanks
    AR

AR_CI, Jan 14, 2009
  2. AR_CI

ashleigh Moderator

Are the scenes in a touchscreen, PAC, or a key unit (Neo, Saturn, DLT, etc)?

WHERE the scenes are stored and issued from has a big bearing on figuring out why you see what you see.

If its on Sundays it sounds like you have a schedule of some kind, things happening on this schedule may in turn be triggering other (unintended) things. Knowing more about your equipment + setup will help.

ashleigh, Jan 14, 2009
  3. AR_CI

AR_CI

The scenes are written in the logic engine within the PAC,
    They are activated via a Saturn and Neo keypads.

Al l scene are triggered by ON and all the keys that are related are set to bell press.

AR_CI, Jan 18, 2009
  4. AR_CI

AR_CI

The scenes are written in the logic engine within the PAC,
    They are activated via a Saturn and Neo keypads.

Al l scene are triggered by ON and all the keys that are related are set to bell press.

BTW - the schedule is empty

AR_CI, Jan 18, 2009
  5. AR_CI

ashleigh Moderator

Time to post your logic code and toolkit project, I think. Or link them so they can be downloaded, so that somebody else can take a look and make a suggestion.

ashleigh, Jan 18, 2009
  6. AR_CI

Darren Senior Member

It is not possible to diagnose a problem like this without more details, particularly the logic code.

Whenever things appear to be behaving strangely on C-Bus, the first thing you should always do is to use the C-Bus Diagnostic Utility to have a look at the messages on C-Bus and in particular, the units they are coming from. Most of the time this will help solve the problem.

Darren, Jan 19, 2009
  7. AR_CI

AR_CI

The house is running now for more than 4 months with these modules and I have been adding more and more to it.
    About a week ago I downloaded the diagnostic tool to a laptop the laptop is connected to a PC interface to the c-bus network and to a router I access it via log me in.

Whenever a scenario is triggered the log shows it was triggered though it does not say from witch unit address and what key - so I suppose it is being triggered from the PAC itself.

One other thing ? I mentioned before it is only on a Sunday, it happens only with blinds and after a power fail.

AR_CI, Jan 19, 2009
  8. AR_CI

ashleigh Moderator

Still need more information.

Are the power fails happening on Sundays?
    (In other words, is the "happens on Sundays" because power fails are on sundays... or are the power fails some time during the week and then several days later, on a Sunday, this wierd stuff happens?)

Are blinds using normal relay units or the cbus shutter relay?

It is still worthwhile posting the Toolkit and PICED projects.

ashleigh, Jan 19, 2009
  9. AR_CI

Darren Senior Member

Try to use standard C-Bus terms if possible. It makes it easier for us to understand what you are trying to say. By "scenario" I assume you mean "scene". I have no idea what you mean by "key".

There is an option on the C-Bus Diagnostic Utility (Options | Program Options) to show the unit address of the unit sending the messages. Enable this and wait for the problem to occur. Immediately before the scene is set, there will probably be a trigger message. Look at the unit address for that message and you will then know the unit which is causing the scene to be set.

Darren, Jan 20, 2009
  10. AR_CI

AR_CI

I assumed that Key is a C-bus term - if you use the project document in the toolkit the HTML file shows the following:

Unit Programming - 055 - 5086NL , KEYB6 , KITCEN PATIO

Unit Address: 55
    Tagname: KITCEN PATIO
    Part name: GROUND
    Application: Lighting
    Secondary Application:
    Serial Number: 001003913362
    Firmware Version: 1.8.00

Key 1 functions as On/Off
    Key 1 controls G_040_GuestToiletHall_Dnlt_[G73] (68)

Key 2 functions as On/Off
    Key 2 controls G_037_Kitchen_Door_Dnlt_[G74] (69)

Key 3 functions as On/Off
    Key 3 controls G_023_Kitchen_Terrace_Onwl_[G76] (71)

Key 4 functions as On/Off
    Key 4 controls G_028_Kitchen_Trrce_InWall (84)

Key 5 functions as
    Key 5 controls G_XXX_Shade_Kitchen_UP (200), G_XXX_Shade_Kitchen_DN (201)

Key 6 functions as
    Key 6 controls G_XXX_Shade_Kitchen_UP (200), G_XXX_Shade_Kitchen_DN (201)

Key 7 functions as Unused
    Key 7 controls nothing

Key 8 functions as Unused
    Key 8 controls nothing

Now as for the diagnostic tool ? I enabled the option of unit address and still I am not getting a feedback from which unit activated the scene.

I am posting a sample of a blind related scene module I build using the logic wizard:
    once (GetLightingState("S_GOOD_NIGHT_BDR1") = ON) then
    begin
    SetLightingState("S_BDR1_BLDS_DN", ON);
    Delay("0:00:25");
    SetLightingState("S_BDR1_BLDS_DN", OFF);
    Delay("0:00:02");
    SetLightingState("S_BDR1_BLDS_UP", ON);
    Delay("0:00:06");
    SetLightingState("S_BDR1_BLDS_UP", OFF);
    end;

S_GOOD_NIGHT_BDR1 ? is a virtual group assigned to a key in a neo keypad using bell press.
    This scene activates itself on Sundays only ? randomly or after a power fail.
    Power fails are not on Sundays ? I experienced only 1 power fail caused by a storm (bad weather).

AR_CI, Jan 22, 2009
  11. AR_CI

filpee

Virtual groups can be a bit funny at times. If you have a spare output somewhere then assign that virtual group to it. Otherwise put it into a spare output logic group, apply, untick the logic (so that the virtual group is now greyed out) then apply again.

Now in a power fail the output unit will keep track of your group.

filpee, Jan 22, 2009
  12. AR_CI

Darren Senior Member

You are quite correct. I must have been tired and confused... :confused:

Did you see any message on C-Bus which changed S_GOOD_NIGHT_BDR1 immediately prior to the problem occurring ?

Darren, Jan 22, 2009
Ask a Question