Scenes on Cbus restart

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by [email protected], Jan 14, 2006.

1. pharvey@leighmaree.com

[email protected]

When the Cbus restarts it seems to try to re-execute all the scenes in the state they were in before it restarted.

The problem is some of the lights are also controlled individually so the scenes don't actually reflect the state of the lights when the unit was restarted. This can result in lights getting turned on in the middle of the night all through the house :( .

Is there any way to disable this behaviour?

[email protected], Jan 14, 2006
  2. pharvey@leighmaree.com

Darren Senior Member

I assume from your previous post that you are using a colour C-Touch.

It doesn't actually do what you have described intentionally, hence there is no option to switch this behaviour off. Maybe it is related to your logic. I would suggest looking at the log to determine what generated these C-Bus commands.

Darren, Jan 15, 2006
  3. pharvey@leighmaree.com

[email protected]

There is no logic I have that does this.

You can see the lighting scenes being re-run in the logs. Can post logs if that helps...

[email protected], Jan 17, 2006
  4. pharvey@leighmaree.com

Darren Senior Member

Logs would help. If you can also post comments describing what happened (or didn't happen) and when, it will help a lot.

Darren, Jan 17, 2006
  5. pharvey@leighmaree.com

[email protected]

Here is a sample line of what is occuring at restart (nb no switches etc were being activated at the time):

Ramp TV DL On over 4s (External Trigger/Scene "Scene - Living Area Lights = On")
    17/01/2006 9:36:02 PM C-Bus Rx :

I think what is happening is there is a cbus light switch programmed to operate the scene. When the ctouch restarts it reads the network state. In this case there is a light switch that activates the scene "Living Area Lights". It reads its state, sees it is active and then re-runs this scene.

[email protected], Jan 17, 2006
  6. pharvey@leighmaree.com

Darren Senior Member

It certainly shouldn't work that way. Can you post some more of the log ? I need the messages immediately before the Scene started and a few after too.

Darren, Jan 18, 2006
Ask a Question