scenes from std 2 gang switch

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by GlenF, Jan 22, 2006.

1. GlenF

GlenF

Hi,

I'm pretty new to all this so please excuse my ignorance. I am unable to find any information (or whether it is possible or not) on how to program a scene to a standard 2 gang wall switch. I would like to use one of the switches to set a number of light to pre-determined levels from the one button press. I can do it from a DLT but there are no options for scenes on the standard switches. Is this possible to do or is there some way someone can suggest to achieve this.

Thanks in advance

Glen

GlenF, Jan 22, 2006
  2. GlenF

PSC

I'm not sure exactly what switch you are referring to, but you can only create scenes from the NEO, Reflection & Saturn range of switches.

The only other option is to use a PAC or a touch screen and program the scenes in there.

PSC, Jan 22, 2006
  3. GlenF

GlenF

I don't necessarily want to use a scene I would just like to be able to turn on and off two separate lights from the one wall switch. They are in the same room with separate switches, I would like to be able to control them from a separate switch.

Thanks
    Glen

GlenF, Jan 22, 2006
  4. GlenF

PSC

If I understand correctly, you want to control two groups of lights currently controled via individual cbus switches from one button on another switch?

If that's the case, open up the switch GUI in Toolkit (or V2 if you are using that), select the blocks tab, for block 1 select the first group of lights you want to control, for block 3 select the second group of lights you want to control. Make sure you tick box 1 in the 'keys using block' section for block 3 so it matches block 1. Save changes and you're away.

Just be careful that if you control only one group from another switch and then try to use the switch that you just programmed your lights will be out of sync i.e. one on and one off.

PSC, Jan 22, 2006
  5. GlenF

GlenF

PSC/ or anyone,

Can you also do this on a 4 gang switch as there are only 4 blocks?

Thanks Glen

GlenF, Dec 4, 2006
  6. GlenF

filpee

Well as you have noticed there are only 4 blocks so unfortunatly if you want to use all 4 buttons for different lighting zones then you will be out of luck.

But if you have a setup such as:
    1. GA1 On
    2. GA1 Off
    3. GA2 On/Off
    4. GA3 On/Off

Buttons 1 & 2 use the same block thus freeing up a spare block

(Note: GA = Group Address or in simpler terms Lighting Circuit)

filpee, Dec 4, 2006
  7. GlenF

JohnC

The other alternative is to store the scene in a more powerful device, and trigger that scene from the 4 gang switch.

JohnC, Dec 6, 2006
Ask a Question