Scenes and schedules out of synch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Styxywyx, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Styxywyx

Styxywyx

Hi Guys,
    New to the forum so hope this is the right area. Have done a search but cant see any answer to my problem
    My CBus system is 8yrs old. Have had multiple issues with it but cant work out this problem.
    Have a colour touch screen and a wiser 2 - both seem to be working ok and both show the correct date and time and daylight saving adjustment. I have the Touch screen as the Timekeeper and do all my adjustments on the screen

The issue I have is that all my scenes and irrigation come on at random times. There doesnt seem to be a regular time offset
    My irrigation has 16 stations. For example a station that is programmed to come on at 0200 is coming on say 1700 in the afternoon.
    I also have lights programmed to come on at 2100. They came on tonight at 1800..
    Have checked the schedule times and all schedules are set correctly but not coming on at programmed time.
    I cant find the glitch anywhere as all the times seem to be correct on the controllers. I presume its all set on a 24hr clock

Hoping someone can point me in the correct direction
    Cheers
    Styx

Styxywyx, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Styxywyx

Wonkey

The starting point I would suggest is to run the application log on Toolkit to identify where the commands are coming from.
    Also the log will show the time updates too.
    After you identify the unit issuing the command disconnect it from C-Bus for a day or 2 (I will take a guess its the touch screen) i and continue to monitor the network.
    See if the command to trigger a schedule still appear on the network. It wont be the first time I have seen this and strangly enough it appears to be coming from your disconnected touch screen
    If that is the case you will need to contact tech support and they should be able to fuide you through the problem.
    If the problem goes away when you disconnect the unit consider transferring the project again and also ensure you have the correct time region set.

Wonkey, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Styxywyx

chromus

The first things that come to mind are checking the the Timezone and Daylight Savings settings.

chromus, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Styxywyx

Styxywyx

Thanks Wonkey and chromus.
    Tried Disconnecting Wiser for a week. No Joy. Have now reconnected wiser and disconnected Touchscreen.
    The Log was an issue, as I am not computer savvy but I now have it running. Was expecting it to be logging all the time but found I had to run it as the applications were working.
    The log shows my lighting set at 11pm 30/6/06 when it is 8pm 4/1/21 so something is amiss even though time appears correct on the screens and wiser. Have yet to catch a time update command.
    The Piced showed the correct timezone and time date for the wiser when I went in
    Reinstalling the project could be an issue for me as I am not sure if the project is correct itself.
    May have to get the installer out....again....to look at it.

Styxywyx, Jan 4, 2021
  5. Styxywyx

Styxywyx

Okay
    The wiser is sending out the time date every 20 min and it is correct but the cbus system is merrily ignoring it with the lights still showing 2006.
    Cant find where the wrong settings are coming from as the touch screen is currently disconnected.
    Is the best bet a reinstall?

Styxywyx, Jan 5, 2021
  6. Styxywyx

Wonkey

If you have the original program for the wiser you could redownload it.
    Or try creating a very simple program of your own to prove the unit can schedule something on time.

Wonkey, Jan 5, 2021
  7. Styxywyx

chromus

The 2006 makes me think that you have disabled NTP in the Wiser unit. You should check that it is enabled and pointing to valid NTP servers. I’m away from home atm so can’t give you guidance on doing this but if you have the manual for the wiser (google it if U need to) it’s all there. Google the google NTP server and insert that as the 1st entry.

chromus, Jan 7, 2021
Ask a Question