scene triggering between C-Touch and switches

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by wanricky, Oct 18, 2007.

1. wanricky

wanricky

I want to clarify if there is a problem in scene triggering between C-touch/PAC controller and switches.

There are three simple cases:

Scene actions are stored in C-Touch, NEO/DLT switches have empty scene with same trigger address and Action Selectors.
    Works perfectly.

Scene actions are stored in Switches (and Scenemaster unit), C-Touch have scenes with dummie group address in it and same trigger address and Action Selectors.
    C-Touch cannot activate the scene at all.

Scene are stored in both units. I am not sure if there is anything wrong as long as I keep both scenes with same details.

It sounds useless but I have cases that an aged C-Touch causes chaos in a hall and it takes me long time to get replacements. So, if conditions permit, I would always have some basic settings stored in local switches.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2007
    wanricky, Oct 18, 2007
  2. wanricky

Darren Senior Member

There should be no need to create a dummy scene in C-Touch. Just use a preset button to trigger the scene.

Can you trigger these scenes from elsewhere ? You can use another key unit, C-Bus ToolKit or the C-Bus Diagnostic software to generate a trigger to test the scene.

Darren, Oct 23, 2007
  3. wanricky

wanricky

Thanks Darren, I'll try again with another project this week.

I avoid using preset button with Trigger applications because I couldn't make it work consistantly in projects couple years ago, espcially when I use Tag as action selector (there was no such term as "action selector" at that time, I think). I looked at the c-Bus log and work for a long time but still I couldn't understand what the problem was.

Even recently I couldn't make it work with second application in DLT using the "present 1" function. Only last week I noticed there are new command sets "Trigger 1" "Trigger 2", so I will have a look again.

wanricky, Oct 24, 2007
Ask a Question